April Picture of the Month - Invertebrates

milesmiles902

Here are the rules:
• One photo entry per person
• Pic has to be taken by YOU
• Must be in by the posted deadline
• Must follow subject guidelines for the month

Winners will be determined based on voting poll results after submission deadline.   

This months subject:
Inverts!

Show me some great shots of your front view.  All of that hard work you put into your tanks!!  I know there are a whole bunch of amazing tanks out there!!  show them off!

Deadline:

I am going to try to be better on this one.

April 30th  @ 9 pm  PST

Voting will happen from the 1st till the 3rd of May.

11 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

The clown is just a prop.  The anemone is the star of the show.  You're just jealous of my mad photography skills.  :peace:

Hey I mean I think this kinda already won a potm contest and there's some saying about even a broken watch is right 2 times a day but hey If that's the only picture that you have ,I'm sure there will be a clownfish anemone theme you can post it in as well! I crack myself up!:joking:

• Like 1

IMG_2261.PNG.dc1d585eff38fd6c8c9eddb0815c61a5.PNG

Bet he would even be willing to vacuum up afterwards [emoji16]

I had one of those little anenome crabs for a few weeks but my Clownfish wouldn't quit chasing them away, even though the little guy was hanging out in a nem they didn't live in. I had to find a new home for him. Pretty picture!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My pom pom crab made his once in a blue moon appearance last night, convincing me of messages from the universe about winning this thing. Of course, that was before I whipped out the camera and snapped several fantastic shots of absolute crap! :joking:  I'm going to have to think harder about ways to beat that nem/clown shot... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Crab is out again tonight!  Must be a hungry little bugger - hungry for fame, that is! :crab:

DSC_8145entry.jpg

Sweet crab!! Does it carry pom pom anemones?

Edited by Stugots
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stugots said:

Sweet crab!! Does it carry pom pom anemones?

He lost his somewhere along the supply chain before being sold to me. It's unfortunate that I didn't notice, because this type of crab hides a lot to begin with, and being without his natural defense mechanism, this one hides nearly all of the time. I'll go months without seeing him, assume he must have died, then out he'll pop for a few minutes to confirm his existence. I have thought about getting a couple more, as they're known to split anemones and share, but the more I read, it sounds like they're not so much sharing as they are fighting and stealing from one another. They don't really care for their own kind, except as a mated pair (which I did have at one point, till the female died shortly after being loaded with bright red eggs). Here is a crummy picture of one I had long ago carrying pom pom anemones. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

Crab is out again tonight!  Must be a hungry little bugger - hungry for fame, that is! :crab:

DSC_8145entry.jpg

He must have heard us talking about him last night!  Cool looking even without the pom poms.  that must be your Jack-o-lantern lepto as well...

• Like 1