Anename ?

Talon

I bought a new anename a day or two ago and when I placed it in my tank I put it on the top of one of my rocks about the middle of the tank that night it moved down to the bottom and Weged it's self in to a small hole in the same rock where there is almost no light and of course that's not where I would like it to be has anyone had luck moving rocks to try and trick them to move he's still new to the tank and I know he will probably move again but iam worryed he will keep hem self down there tell he dyes from lack of light21c031e1e4511b6eb68c863cd8251ce9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Our anemone also went into hiding shortly after we put it in the tank. In a couple of days it moved around to a spot that it liked which we liked too! Yay! Not, that lasted two days then it moved again and again. It's been few weeks and it has picked a spot in the back of the tank and pops out over the top of the rocks. Not ideal but I guess it's happy. They will move around until they get the flow and light they like. I've heard of pointing a powerhead at them to get them to move. We also shaded a portion of the tank and it moved to the brighter area. So that might be an option too.

If it doesn't move and become happy go in and save it quicker than later.  Sometimes they can go in a complete shadow and just stop moving. They will need saving but not direct intense light. Keep half shaded and let them lean out into the light

• Like 1

In my opinion, once you put an anemone in your tank you should leave it be. They have the ability to move and will do so until they are happy, they don't care much what's in the way lol 

In my experience anemone health is more about stability than anything else. If your tank is fairly new, you should probably prepare for it to move quite a lot. You might get lucky, but in most cases new tanks are irritating for anemone's and they won't settle for a while. That doesn't mean it will die or you should remove it, just that you will have to accommodate it's moving until stability and it's spot are found. 

You can try the above mentioned options or move the entire rock that it's on but don't try and remove the foot unless it's on the glass, then it's fairly easy. Ultimately though, anemone's are kinda pain in a mixed reef, I have 5 now from splits and they tend to stick together but my tank is a few years old. Mine still move down into the rock and suck themselves closed, just generally do weird stuff. Good luck :peace: nice looking anemone.  

I have probably 16 bta's right now and occasionally one will go in a cave or in the rocks, if it doesn't come out on its own after a couple days I always move them out myself so they don't die

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

I bought a new anename a day or two ago and when I placed it in my tank I put it on the top of one of my rocks about the middle of the tank that night it moved down to the bottom and Weged it's self in to a small hole in the same rock where there is almost no light and of course that's not where I would like it to be has anyone had luck moving rocks to try and trick them to move he's still new to the tank and I know he will probably move again but iam worryed he will keep hem self down there tell he dyes from lack of light21c031e1e4511b6eb68c863cd8251ce9.jpg

I finally got a better picture it's been about a week now and he still has not moved is he going to stay there tell he dies should I do something b7a7b449955f8d4ccbfae98641b07395.jpg

3 minutes ago, cjmdh said:

Doesn't look bad to me. It's not bleached, mouth isn't open, and it's inflated.

I agree. It looks similar to mine and it has been anchored on my rock for several weeks. Mine is on top of my rockwork though with good lighting and moderate flow. He did move and hide out of sight for a few days though initially.