Bubbles in Calcium Reactor

Trailermann

Well the bubbles are the gas that you're injecting. You're either injecting more than can be diffused or your recirc pump is inefficient.

More often than not, it's the former and it's not that uncommon. Some models even come with a little pressure release valve where the canister can be burped. What works for me is keeping the reactor on a very tiny tilt which allows excess gas to leave through the effluent tube. That way it never actually builds up into an air pocket.

If you have so much gas that that doesn't work, it may be a recirc pump issue.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Also, did you burp it when you started it? Typically if you left some air in there it's going to take waaay longer for the excess to dissipate  as you are also adding CO2 to the mix as well. Easiest way I found was to add a little 3 way and on/off valve at the highest point on the recirc to get it throughly de-gassed prior to turning on the CO2.

All your replies are spot on.  I purged the gas that had built up from my initial set up, and the excessive gas is no longer a problem.  However, I am still trying to dial in this sucker.  It did not help to have two bad feed pumps to start.  No fault of the pumps, only the aquarist.  I think I am getting closer.