Clam Protection

HenryLimpet

Hello all, I recently acquired a Derasa & Maxima Clams and my Tang and Butterfly fish are harassing them. The Derasa has moved in to a small abalone shell and is doing ok. But anywhere I put the Maxima it is getting moved or tipped over. Anyone have any suggestion on protection them?

Thanks Kelly

• Like 1

Usually an empty clam shell works well for putting them in.    You can also try a small container filled with rubble rock and put the clam inside there till it attaches to some rubble then move it out to where you want it.  If the fish keep harassing the clam though it will die.  You need to either remove the fish or the clam.

• Like 1

On March 24, 2017 at 6:01 AM, HenryLimpet said:

Hello all, I recently acquired a Derasa & Maxima Clams and my Tang and Butterfly fish are harassing them. The Derasa has moved in to a small abalone shell and is doing ok. But anywhere I put the Maxima it is getting moved or tipped over. Anyone have any suggestion on protection them?

Thanks Kelly

If the fish won't stop picking on them I can always take them off of your hands ;P