OLD Par Meter Booking Thread

Flashy Fins

The USB meter has been returned.  [mention=15573]Paratore[/mention] are you still interested?  I believe you are next on the list for this one.

Still interested but not ready for it yet :) I would like to get my new lights up and running on the new build before I borrow this. Should be ready in about a month so skip me this go around please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Paratore said:

Still interested but not ready for it yet :) I would like to get my new lights up and running on the new build before I borrow this. Should be ready in about a month so skip me this go around please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do.  Edited the wait list to indicate you are still in line.  Thanks for the response Cody!

• Like 1

Hey, all! @lewisriverfisherman sent me a question I don’t really know the answer to, since I still haven’t gotten around to using either meter myself. Maybe someone can help him out? @albertareef?

Can you please explain the difference of the par meters to me as I know nothing about them.  I have an AI Prime Hd light.  Which par meter would be better for me? The full spectrum?   Thanks for your time!

Brandon

1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Hey, all! @lewisriverfisherman sent me a question I don’t really know the answer to, since I still haven’t gotten around to using either meter myself. Maybe someone can help him out? @albertareef?

Can you please explain the difference of the par meters to me as I know nothing about them.  I have an AI Prime Hd light.  Which par meter would be better for me? The full spectrum?   Thanks for your time!

Brandon

lol. I think I figured it out bit not positive   one you have to hook up to a PC or tablet the other one isn't. Are they both full spectrum  or does this make a difference?  Just want to make sure I use the right one for my leds. 😃

1 hour ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

lol. I think I figured it out bit not positive   one you have to hook up to a PC or tablet the other one isn't. Are they both full spectrum  or does this make a difference?  Just want to make sure I use the right one for my leds. 😃

Hi Brandon - short answer, the probe on the USB model is the newer, full spectrum, version which is supposed to have a more even response curve that could provide some additional accuracy for our lighting systems.  I don't think anyone has done a direct side-by-side comparison on the two units with any of our own lighting setups to confirm this however (thought about it) so it's unclear how large of an effect it might have.  You are also correct in that the USB model requires you to download an application (see original post for some details) onto your computer (limited Mac support) in order to utilize it.  As long as you have a supported OS, it is pretty straighforward but it does require that extra step (and a computer).  The hand-held is the older probe but it is an all-in-one solution - just don't drop it in your tank!

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1