OLD Par Meter Booking Thread

Flashy Fins

18 minutes ago, Boro56 said:

Is there a downside to the USB one?....harder to use?...seems it is less popular for some reason...just curious...

The USB model was the more popular one for a while; it's just been the last few borrowers requesting the handheld, so I wouldn't make much of that. If you read through some of the early posts in this thread, there's info on the USB one that makes me think it's the better meter, but the trade-off is needing to download software. No biggie for some; perhaps bothersome for others. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flashy Fins said:

I will find out for you. Added you to the wait list.

Not a problem. Added you back to the wait list. 

You can take me off I went ahead and bought a Seneye Reef Monitor and it has the PAR.  Thanks though

• Like 1

If its possible to be added on the list after it goes to miles as he is in Corvallis & I'm in Albany, I only need the meter for 15 minutes really to do a quick comparison to my personal Par Meter to see if its readings are off as I'm suspecting it is.

On 6/20/2017 at 1:45 PM, Nanoreefer32 said:

I would love to get added to the list if at all possible.  Just let me know what would work best for everyone.  Thank you!

Hey Nanoreefer - I went ahead and added you to the list. Cherany or Kim should drop you a note when one of the meters comes back. 

On 6/27/2017 at 8:21 AM, Exodus said:

If its possible to be added on the list after it goes to miles as he is in Corvallis & I'm in Albany, I only need the meter for 15 minutes really to do a quick comparison to my personal Par Meter to see if its readings are off as I'm suspecting it is.

Hi Exodus - I added you to the list just to make sure as I'm not sure Miles will be around to take his turn. 

On 7/3/2017 at 10:33 PM, Trailermann said:

Am I imaging things, or is there a breakdown in the weekly par meter turnover?

Not imagining things. I was out of town for a bit, then came down with a terrible cold/flu upon return home, which I'm still getting over. I'm hoping to collect meters from current borrowers soon, so we can get this back on track. If another club officer or board member is able to step in for the next couple of transfers, I welcome that, too.

1 hour ago, Flashy Fins said:

Not imagining things. I was out of town for a bit, then came down with a terrible cold/flu upon return home, which I'm still getting over. I'm hoping to collect meters from current borrowers soon, so we can get this back on track. If another club officer or board member is able to step in for the next couple of transfers, I welcome that, too.

Hey Cherany - keep me posted if you end up needing help with transfers in PDX... I might be able to help out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, albertareef said:

Hey Cherany - keep me posted if you end up needing help with transfers in PDX... I might be able to help out.

Sean you are always such a great help. Holly was just singing your praises this weekend and how helpful you were at her frag sell. Last time I checked Jamie aka Polythene Pam had the par meter and she lives in NE. I will send you her information Sean

9 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Sean you are always such a great help. Holly was just singing your praises this weekend and how helpful you were at her frag sell. Last time I checked Jamie aka Polythene Pam had the par meter and she lives in NE. I will send you her information Sean

Got it!  Thanks Kim!