OLD Par Meter Booking Thread

Flashy Fins

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 9:14 PM, Trailermann said:

Opps, last time I used the par meter, I just put $50 into someone's hands.  Now I am happy to cough up the deposit, but don't know how to make the transfer.

Instructions for dummies needed.

Paul

Sorry Paul - just saw this.  I think those that have done it on PayPal have just sent the money to the club account then Jeremy has canceled it when the meter has been returned.  Copying him here so he can provide the correct pay pal addy @Jeremevans  

13 hours ago, Parzifal said:

Good morning!

would love to borrow the wand par meter.  anything I need to do other than this post?

thanks,

Aaron

Hey Aaron - been a while since we've seen an update on that monster build!  Just to clarify, both meters use a very similar probe (little cylinder on the end of a stick) but one has a hand held meter attached and is hence self contained and the other plugs in via USB to a computer and you download an app to use for the readings (instructions back at the start of the thread).  Let us know which you prefer or if either are fine.

50 minutes ago, Smiles said:

I paid my subscription so hoping I can get in line for the par meter? Excited to get involved with club meetings and events too

Thanks 

Miles

Welcome Miles - glad to have you on board!  Do you have a preference as to which meter?  If you look at the original post in this thread it will give some explanation of the differences.  If either is fine we will make note of that.

25 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Welcome Miles - glad to have you on board!  Do you have a preference as to which meter?  If you look at the original post in this thread it will give some explanation of the differences.  If either is fine we will make note of that.

Either is fine. Whichever is available soonest works for me. Thanks

Good news, I am finished with the USB Par meter and can deliver it to CNC or other convenient place.  Yes, I am happy to cough up the $50 I owe. Still need guidance with the Club paypal account.

Let me share my experience for new users.  I tried to get a definitive reading for various spot throughout my tank.  This proved impossible since I discovered that the slightest change in angle, shadow of your arm, 1/2" movement, gives a wide range of results.  So I now am just looking for an approximate range of reading for the general spots I am interested in.  Guess this is why the experts say to be ready to move the frag until it is happy.

11 minutes ago, Trailermann said:

Good news, I am finished with the USB Par meter and can deliver it to CNC or other convenient place.  Yes, I am happy to cough up the $50 I owe. Still need guidance with the Club paypal account.

Let me share my experience for new users.  I tried to get a definitive reading for various spot throughout my tank.  This proved impossible since I discovered that the slightest change in angle, shadow of your arm, 1/2" movement, gives a wide range of results.  So I now am just looking for an approximate range of reading for the general spots I am interested in.  Guess this is why the experts say to be ready to move the frag until it is happy.

Hi Paul - since the $50 deposit is going to be a moot point now if you return it in good shape let’s not worry about it now. I am still hoping Jeremy can chime in here with some instructions we could add to the main post re how to do this via PayPal. As you noted - it was often done with cash when handing off directly to the officers/bod but that is difficult if this starts getting handed off between users. That is more practical given everyone’s schedules but means we need to rethink the deposit details. Thanks for bringing it up. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, Trailermann said:

If you dont mind me asking what lights you use and what par you came up with?

Hi all,

The USB PAR meter is currently at Cuttlefish and Coral and Jeff has agreed to handle the next handoff - including the deposit - thank you Jeff! @CuttleFishandCoral

That said - I went back over the wait list and am uncertain which people may still be waiting on that.

@fpd4308 @householdofpayne @Jexter @Knuckledragger  if you are still waiting, no longer need it, or actually already used it please let me know.

From the more recent additions, it looks like @Tracdog777 @Parzifal @Smiles and @jtichenor are in queue so please let me know if you still are interested.

Jeff will not be handing this out until he gets confirmation from me on who is actually next so please respond here so I can make sure no one gets inadvertently skipped.  Just a reminder that you need to be a paid member in order to borrow the meter.  We recently cleaned up our subscription data so you may want to check and make sure you are current.

Also - if someone has the hand-held meter please let me know.  Pinging BOD/Officers to make sure everyone is in the loop.  @badxgillen @Jeremevans @Flashy Fins @Higher Thinking @Gumby @lewisriverfisherman @SuncrestReef

Thank you!

• Like 1