Marine Science Day is Coming Up

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Hey folks!

Last time I hosted a meeting and gave a back-of-the-house tour at Hatfield Marine Science Center, I remember a few of you expressing disappointment that most of the labs were off limits. Can't say I blame you, as there is undoubtedly plenty of interesting stuff going on but most of those labs are off limits all the time, except for one day a year. That day is coming up pretty soon and if you're ready to take a breather to the coast, consider heading out on Saturday, April 8.

That's Marine Science Day at Hatfield and it's a good time, as well as the one day that you can wander around nearly all of the facility. Most scientists will be hanging around talking about their research, there are lots of activities for kids to enjoy and learn from, you can check out the different state and federal agencies on campus and learn how they collaborate on projects and there is fresh Rogue beer on draft less than a half-mile away. :drinking:

The husbandry team, including Dr. Tim, will be hanging out talking to folks in the West Wing all day, along with at least one AQS instructor and several current students. Please swing by if you end up heading out to the coast that weekend. Just follow the hermit crab conga line. We look forward to seeing you!

:hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit::hermit:

msd2017.png

• Like 5