Massive hydnophora of death!

TheClark

Looking great! Nice growth on that puppy! I hear ya on the fragging, they are definitely brittle. Glad you are keeping it big, I hate that many don’t give the hobby/corals the time or care necessary to grow out beautiful huge colonies. Keep it up!

Also, I’m going to bug you soon about a frag of my OG stunner toadstool for my next build 😁

39 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Looking great! Nice growth on that puppy! I hear ya on the fragging, they are definitely brittle. Glad you are keeping it big, I hate that many don’t give the hobby/corals the time or care necessary to grow out beautiful huge colonies. Keep it up!

Also, I’m going to bug you soon about a frag of my OG stunner toadstool for my next build 😁

Ah, the OG stunner toadstool, been a while :) .  That bluish-turquiose colored one right?  Man I don't think I have that one anymore, which is weird...  I sure don't remember losing it...

So you got another build in the works?

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Holy crap! I thought you would have broke it apart and saved some real estate by now lol! That’s maaaaasive!

Crazy huh?  How time flies and coral grows...  Its kind of a show piece though, at least to me..

I measured it, about 2'x2'

So... 1/4 of the tank is hyndophora, the other 1/4 is tyree flower petal monti.  It is just as big :D

At some point they will battle, I don't expect it to go well for the monti!

Scattered in the remaining part of the tank are various much smaller and soon to be shaded corals.

Once I scrap algae... pics!

• 1 month later...

Moved him to the way far back.  About 10 frags were generated in this process of course :)

Tipped the tyree blue flower petal monti sideways so you can actually see it!  

This opened up a huge area to grow something that is a different color :D

This will also allow the 'flat topped' 'tom peterson haircut' hydnophora green reaper to keep growing!

CF687458-90F0-4E63-80B2-080D0EB58567.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Those are some serious showcase corals!   The structure of the Monti is awesome.  Well done.

Thank you!  I was surprised how nice the monti is.  Just tipping it 45 degrees exposed the beautiful patterns.  

Really glad to have room to grow some new stuff too.  

Naso was super dramatic, put on stress colors and lay on the bottom panting.

Once the Nori came out, it was old times again.