My 110 gallon reef

undrtkr_00

August 2008 Update Pictures cont...

A green and purple galaxia that I glued to a big fungia skeleton...

DSCN1989.jpg

A baby green frogspawn and orange zoas from dsoz...

DSCN1991.jpg

This pink daisy polyp arose from the dead after I got my phosphates under control. Not as many polyps as there once were, but I'm really glad it survived...

DSCN1999.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

A few more pics

Well, after being inspired by Andy's photo workshop, I snapped a few updated pics of things. I did a major relandscaping last weekend, but am still not quite satisfied, so I'll save the FTS for when I am sure that I am done moving things around. For now, here are a few focused shots.

For starters, an example of what I learned from Andy and using Picasa. (keep in mind, this is with a Nikon point n shoot).

The basic pic:

DSCN2119.jpg

The edited pic:

DSCN2118.jpg

My hungry brain with some krill:

DSCN2125.jpg

My banggai:

CopyofDSCN2141.jpg

Some GSP and kenya tree:

CopyofDSCN2149.jpg

A pagoda frag from kilmca:

CopyofDSCN2158.jpg

Some xenia and a fuzzy shroom:

CopyofDSCN2165.jpg

And finally, some green striped shrooms from dsoz:

CopyofDSCN2168.jpg

More pics to come as I get things dialed in....

• 4 months later...

Well, I haven't posted much lately. Plenty to catch up on here. Let's start with some pieces that are new since I last posted pics on this thread:

Nice big pagoda (12"?) from prada (also see my purple haze monti frag on the right):

DSCN2460.jpg

Good sized purple fungia from Jody aka reefboy. Partly covered with sand 'cause my crazy Clarkii pair love to "host" it. Dumbest thing I've ever seen:

DSCN2446.jpg

Blue staghorn acro, also from Jody aka reefboy. This guy browned out in shipping, but the new growth is coming out in a nice bright blue:

DSCN2444.jpg

Multicolor frogspawn from Dennis aka dsoz:

DSCN2441.jpg

Green plating monti from Calvin aka kilmca:

DSCN2436.jpg

Blueberry cheescake monti from Bob aka Lowman:

DSCN2428.jpg

Teal birdsnest from Bob aka Lowman:

DSCN2426.jpg

• 2 months later...

Time to document a few new arrivals:

Yellow monti digi from dsoz and purple alien eye chalice from isaac:

DSCN2464.jpg

Having a terrible time getting a good shot, but here is a nice sparkly chalice from isaac, staghorn from reefboy (not new), and purple monti cap from kilmca:

DSCN2457.jpg

(also you can barely see the woolly bugger monti from OIAB behind the staghorn)

Right side of the frag rack = another shot of the monti cap and a couple of encrusting montis from kilmca and dsoz. These are changing color slowly and I am liking what I am seeing:

DSCN2454.jpg

Again, having a terrible time getting a decent shot. Just can't seem to get a sharp one with representative color. This is a nice sunset monti from isaac, and a frag of ORA birds nest I got from DJL a while back. Also, my new clam from kilmca on the right. Somewhere I had a full shot of that guy, but can't seem to find it....

DSCN2461.jpg

Here is the updated FTS with the new 6 bulb fixture from finch:

DSCN2467.jpg

im still thinking the wooley buger monti is actually hydnophora' date=' from the pics i have seen of it the small domes on the surface are hydnophores. can you get a top down pic of it without its tentacles out?[/quote']

I'll try to get one, but it will be a couple of days before I can get to it. This looks different to me than the hydnophora I have seen, but I'm certainly no expert.

I did find the clam pic:

DSCN2441-1.jpg

Remind me and I'll get a frag to you if you like. Got to get that new tank populating! Or dsoz probably has more available' date=' too. I got it from him.[/quote']

That would be cool. If dsoz has a bunch I might get some from him. I am trying to avoid having a million little sticks all over the new tank. But that stuff grows fast so it would be ok.

Tank is lookin good' date=' do you still have the Tubinaria[/quote']

Yep, it's doing just fine. It doesn't grow as fast for me as it does for you, but then you have about 10x more light wattage that I do! After it healed up and grew some, I chopped a straight edge on it and mounted it to a magnet frag disk and stuck it on the right side of the tank. You can see it in the FTS - I'm trying to get it to grow onto the overflow and tank wall both and cup/scroll from there.