Black Sailfin Blenny and a Lawnmower Blenny Same tank?

Avsdragon

So I am noticing a small green mossy looking algae starting to grown in my 75g tank. I have reduced the amount of light my lamps are on, reduced the amount of feeding to once a day, and have done a water change several times. I have a black sail fin blenny in their now but he is not touching the stuff. I have been told to get a Lawnmower blenny to eat the green algae. However doing more research i am seeing that putting 2 blennies in the same tank is a bad idea. So would it be beneficial for me to get the lawnmower blenny as well and I have nothing to worry about or is their something else I should be doing to help eliminate this algae growth?

Thanks

Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!  :blink:

Yeah everything i've read on them (or tried to anyway) there will be blood unless you have a really really large system. It's a shame to because i would have a whole hoard of them if i could.

What other fish are in the system with the black sail fin now?

• Like 1

Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!  :blink:

Yeah everything i've read on them (or tried to anyway) there will be blood unless you have a really really large system. It's a shame to because i would have a whole hoard of them if i could.

What other fish are in the system with the black sail fin now?

I have 2 chocolate clowns, 1 black sailfin Blenny 1 fire angle 1 damsel 1 diamonds gobie 1 dotty back 1 blue and white cleaner wrasse and a chocolate star

I have 2 chocolate clowns, 1 black sailfin Blenny 1 fire angle 1 damsel 1 diamonds gobie 1 dotty back 1 blue and white cleaner wrasse and a chocolate star

Sounds like you could use another herbivore, maybe try one of the smaller tangs if your bioload permits and add a few turbo snails and some trochus snails if you haven't already.

• Like 1