Can't get the corals glued

katarian

I use this stuff when i can. Other cyanoacrylate gel glues you can find at Lowes or Home depot will also work.

41RUHJf9LML._SX342_.jpg

Non gel won't work.

Something i'm always still trying to master, try and get a "glob" of gel on the base of your frag and kinda dab it where you're trying to put it, the dabbing will allow more contact with the water helping harden the glue. A toothpick also comes in handy for this.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I use this stuff when i can. Other cyanoacrylate gel glues you can find at Lowes or Home depot will also work.

41RUHJf9LML._SX342_.jpg

Non gel won't work.

Something i'm always still trying to master, try and get a "glob" of gel on the base of your frag and kinda dab it where you're trying to put it, the dabbing will allow more contact with the water helping harden the glue. A toothpick also comes in handy for this.

Hope this helps.

Thank you :) I'll try that out tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I used to use gel super glue and was forever having coral pop off the rocks. I switched to IC gel a while back and it's been golden. Just get a good glomp on the bottom of the coral and work the glue in to the rocks a little. Don't put it on flat rock or it won't work. This gel is also handy for sealing together precarious rockwork.

• Like 2

I used to use gel super glue and was forever having coral pop off the rocks. I switched to IC gel a while back and it's been golden. Just get a good glomp on the bottom of the coral and work the glue in to the rocks a little. Don't put it on flat rock or it won't work. This gel is also handy for sealing together precarious rockwork.

Can you find IC at Home depot? Or a local store?

And I just use super glue gel from the Dollar Tree or 10 packs of super glue gel from Harbour Freight, but yeah try gluing out of water! Just hold a few seconds and you should be good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

I tried that. And i got the glue gel from dollar tree. And it didn't work at all. I fot the Locarite one. There was one more, a two pack

Marine epoxy will usually work pretty well for me. Over time in the reef aquarium cyanoacrylate becomes brittle and may not hold very well if the coral does not "cement" over with new growth. Both have their applications so I like to have the two on hand for rock or coral fixing.

• Like 1

I use the IC gel as as well with very good results. I put a good size blop on the base of the coral and work it into the rock a bit with the base of the coral I am attaching. This gets the gel into the texture of the rock so it has something to grip to. I lift the frag up a time or two also when working it into the rock and it seems to get tacky very quick like contact cement. I hold it for thirty seconds or so and all is good!