dKH 14

Omoluabi

Instant Ocean Is great for Fish but doesn't include the additional trace elements for corals. You would be better off with salt mixes from  Red Sea, Kent, or Instant Ocean's Reef Crystals.

While I'm sure there is nothing wrong with purchasing from Jeff, just keep in mind buying and mixing your own salt with an RODI filter will be far cheaper in the long run. You would also be setup to have pre made salt water on hand in the event of a disaster.

• Like 2

I was dosing some trace elements that got it up that high. Now I'm trying to get it down I tested it yesterday and it at 12 dkh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah you shouldn't be dosing anything unless your consistently testing for exactly what your dosing.

I would suggest this, stop dosing whatever it is your using and do a large 30% Water change, continue weekly water changes till your water is in acceptable ranges. Then when you are in the correct range start testing the water your using before you put it in your tank; this will give you an idea of what the typical water parameters should be. If your tank continues to stay above those parameters (Do not dose anything) If they fall below the parameters of the water your adding you will need to dose something like 2 part, but in effort to get to the proper amount this requires small additions with constant testing to figure out the exact amount needed. Personally after getting my 2 part dosing setup to the correct daily amount I only test Alk once a week to ensure it's at the level it needs to be and I use the Hanna Checker as I found its cheap quick and easy and after doing 45 days in a row testing its consistent. If the alk looks right I figure things are fine, I thin check all others once a month, unless the alk looks off I will check them sooner, but that rarely ever happens.

yeah you shouldn't be dosing anything unless your consistently testing for exactly what your dosing.

I would suggest this, stop dosing whatever it is your using and do a large 30% Water change, continue weekly water changes till your water is in acceptable ranges. Then when you are in the correct range start testing the water your using before you put it in your tank; this will give you an idea of what the typical water parameters should be. If your tank continues to stay above those parameters (Do not dose anything) If they fall below the parameters of the water your adding you will need to dose something like 2 part, but in effort to get to the proper amount this requires small additions with constant testing to figure out the exact amount needed. Personally after getting my 2 part dosing setup to the correct daily amount I only test Alk once a week to ensure it's at the level it needs to be and I use the Hanna Checker as I found its cheap quick and easy and after doing 45 days in a row testing its consistent. If the alk looks right I figure things are fine, I thin check all others once a month, unless the alk looks off I will check them sooner, but that rarely ever happens.

I did a 20% water change yesterday so this morning I'm going to test Alk, calcium and mag. I keep a log of all my test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1