ATO Hydor HELP

NanoDrummer09

So i have the Hydor smart level controller and it has been working periodically since I've gotten it.  Its as if that level sensor in the tank is super sensitive as to how level it is.  I get lucky with adjusting it, turning it back on and it'll start pumping or be fine then a day later it'll start beeping at me.  Any ideas?  Culprits? Its really annoying as i went out of town for a week and the person watching out cat (not reef savvy) said it was going off and it created havoc.  

SO has anyone else felt with this and have found a solution?  I can post pictures if that'll help just let me know thoughts! 

THanks

So i have the Hydor smart level controller and it has been working periodically since I've gotten it.  Its as if that level sensor in the tank is super sensitive as to how level it is.  I get lucky with adjusting it, turning it back on and it'll start pumping or be fine then a day later it'll start beeping at me.  Any ideas?  Culprits? Its really annoying as i went out of town for a week and the person watching out cat (not reef savvy) said it was going off and it created havoc.  

SO has anyone else felt with this and have found a solution?  I can post pictures if that'll help just let me know thoughts! 

THanks

Maybe @spectra can help,he uses this I believe. Is your sump very turbulent

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the Hydor is a PITA sensor, if you are using RO tubing you can put one of those ball valve restrictors on it so you can have the water slowly trickle into the tank, or an Aqualifter will also add the water slow enough to keep it from going above the line. Personally I just opened it up and desoldered the alarm off the board a year or so ago after getting sick of hearing it and haven't had any troubles since. The ball flow restrictor I'm using is not set to trickle so it always fills it up about 1/4 inch above the top sensor so i just pushed the sensor down a little to accommodate for it.