SOS EMERGENCY!!! Need help

The ReefBox

The back seam on left corner. Split apart and separated from euro brace. He said he is working on logistics to getting my tank picked up and then will see why it failed. How old is your tank?

I got mine mid May. I'm really worried. What is the dimensions of your tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So here is the update, got off the phone with Mike at Ocean By Design and am very happy about his decision. Mike had offered to make me a new tank and deliver it. He will pick up my old (damaged one) and take it out of here when he sets up the new one. simply put he said "it's the right thing to do" I will need a few good strong backs to help him swap tanks that is all he asks. He said it would be ready in a few weeks. I am very impressed with his customer service through out this whip olé ordeal. After getting the initial call he has kept In touch with me and quickly decided on his course of action.

So what happened? Mike is about 99.9 % sure the issue came down to silicone. The brand he used for years prior to building my tank was going through a change and he ultimately changed brands of silicone all together. After his research he basically felt it was the same. Mike said he built only a few tanks with this silicone and mine was the only big tank he built using it. Over the last 10 years this is the first tank that has failed. Moral of the story is that anyone who has concerns about an OBD tank, should not. Not only does he stand behind the tanks he builds, he makes quality affordable tanks. Buy with confidence!

Watch for new build thread, a few things will be changing on " The Do Over"

Thanks for the update Brian and handling this well and working with OBD. Glad to hear they came through for you.

I know for sure that Mike did not plan for this to happen. I have had many things go wrong that I have built for customers, roofs leak, paint peels, something breaks. I have always stood by my craftsmanship and when it isn't my fault (materials fail OT customer breaks it) I still go out of my way to give them better than just good customer service. I live and die by integrity and always will. MIke is a stand up guy and I applaud him for making this not the worst experience ever. I will not bash someone on an open Forumn. I will always give an honest answer which may appear to be bashing someone but I don't ever set out to publicly shame someone. But I will post the good for sure that others can see how good this community really is!

• Like 4

Got cad drawings from Mike today at OBD glass is being ordered!!!!

Glad to hear you on the way back to having your (new) tank back and sorry to hear of your crisis.  Good luck putting things back together.  I had a top seam split on a 90 gallon acrylic tank that had two tank's worth of livestock in it while I was setting up the second one.  Managed to hang together long enough for me to get everything transferred but that was a level of stress I would prefer to never experience again!  

Glad to hear you on the way back to having your (new) tank back and sorry to hear of your crisis.  Good luck putting things back together.  I had a top seam split on a 90 gallon acrylic tank that had two tank's worth of livestock in it while I was setting up the second one.  Managed to hang together long enough for me to get everything transferred but that was a level of stress I would prefer to never experience again!

Yeah I here ya the stress was over the top coupled with the broken leg!!