My 1st attempt at raising clownfish fry....

chewie

I'm so stoked on this. I have a few fish stores actively looking for mated clowns. Jody at TECO found a pair of black ones I'm hoping to get my hands in. I just went and bought them a tank about 15 minutes ago. I can't wait to start raising baby clownfish. I'll be following this thread closely. Thanks for posts! Keep em coming!

• Like 1

I've lost a 3 in the last few days, not to sure why. All of them looked as if they were stuck in the metamorphosis stage. Not too worried about it now though. I was able to get a count of how many during the move over to their new 30g.

178 healthy clowns at 2 weeks old tomorrow!

Here's a quick vid of their new casa...

https://vimeo.com/178557842

• Like 2

Will they lay eggs on the tile every time? Is it because it's the cleanest surface in the tank? I'm getting my first breeding laid on Tuesday so I'm really excited. I have a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon long. Which do you think I should use for the breeding tank? I could also get a 29 tall. I plan on putting in a couple nems and the 2 clowns and maybe a couple snails and crabs. Would the crabs eat the eggs? What should I have in the tank with them?

Will they lay eggs on the tile every time? Is it because it's the cleanest surface in the tank? I'm getting my first breeding laid on Tuesday so I'm really excited. I have a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon long. Which do you think I should use for the breeding tank? I could also get a 29 tall. I plan on putting in a couple nems and the 2 clowns and maybe a couple snails and crabs. Would the crabs eat the eggs? What should I have in the tank with them?

my pair layed their eggs on the same BIG rock multiple times before I decided to try raising them. They have only layed them on a tile twice now. I put the tile right in front of the spot the layed all of their previous clutches. They still cleaned off a spot on the tile just as they did on the rock.

I would use the 20l or 29g for the broodstock (parents) tank and save the 10g for the hatching tank. Keep the crabs out. My broodstock only has a handful of snails.

I've lost a 3 in the last few days, not to sure why. All of them looked as if they were stuck in the metamorphosis stage. Not too worried about it now though. I was able to get a count of how many during the move over to their new 30g.

178 healthy clowns at 2 weeks old tomorrow!

Here's a quick vid of their new casa...

https://vimeo.com/178557842

Nice!  Seems like a pretty good success rate so far Happy 2 weeks little guys! Super cute...

• 2 weeks later...

Sticking to one for now Sean. Gonna raise another batch after our last dune trip for the year. Mid October....

I've lost three more babies in the last few weeks. Still have around 175. Will post pics next week. So e of them are getting their tail stripe!

• Like 1

Well, still having 175 alive at this point sounds pretty good to me - congratulations!  Cool that they are getting their tail stripes in... I was going to ask if you could see those yet. Some new pics when you get a chance would be great but I am sure you are plenty busy!  Thanks for the update.

I just got a spawning pair of darwins from Jody. Couldn't pass up the smokin deal and the opportunity. I have them in a ten gallon holding tank for now. Cycling a 20L that I'll transfer the coral from my 5G nano over to, the the clowns. I'm going to figure out how to post photos and start a thread on here to let people join in on the journey. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Here's a pic and a vid as of this am. Lost 2 more babies over the 4 day trip. I'm thinking it was due to over feeding as when I got home there was a ton of uneaten food on the bottom of the tank. Did a quick w/c and added amquel to combat the ammonia. All is well today. 1e8e76f1fdf23a5f4b74b2b6e5bb3b63.jpg

https://vimeo.com/180617681

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chewie
  • Like 3