Flea bombing with tank ?

wegotjs

I don't have any animals, but found a flea today in the house.I want to bomb to kill anymore but what kind of caution should I take with the tank in the room.I was thinking :shut down skimmer and cover tank and sump with plastic and try to seal them of as best as possible. Anyone have any

experince with this that could help ?

Don't bomb, we just sprinkle Borax from the laundry section, the stuff works better and its kid and fish safe, I sprinkle it in my dog and cats bed, no fleas, make sure you get your couches and carpets.

Simply sprinkle it before bed and vacuum up in the am so you don't have white powder all over the place, LOL.

If you have no pets and have only seen one. I would not rush into bombing your house or treating all your carpets with Borats or DE. A simple way to check and see if you have more fleas in a given room is to set up a simple flea trap.

Place a bowl of water with a dab of dishsoap in it on the floor. place a floor lamp next to it and keep the light on overnight. If there are more fleas in the room you will get some captures. if there are no captures then you do not have to woorry about treating a problem that might not be there.

Place a bowl of water with a dab of dishsoap in it on the floor. place a floor lamp next to it and keep the light on overnight. If there are more fleas in the room you will get some captures. if there are no captures then you do not have to woorry about treating a problem that might not be there.

I have done that, but no soap and just very hot water, good idea.

DO NOT FLEA BOMB or use any other kind of pesticides in your home with a reef tank or even a FW fish tank. I spent over a year working for Terminix in Bend and I dont know how many jobs we turned down because of people either had fish tanks or had birds as pets. The stuff in commercial pesticides and even OTC fleabombs, roach sprays, etc. are all extremely toxic to fish and birds. We couldnt even spray within about 40 feet of a KOI pond just for fear of groundwater runoff. best bet is to try some of the more homeopathic treatments mentioned above. And if someone does have a severe flea infestation and bombing is the only solution its best to err on the side of caution and completely break down and remove your tank from your home.

DO NOT FLEA BOMB or use any other kind of pesticides in your home with a reef tank or even a FW fish tank. I spent over a year working for Terminix in Bend and I dont know how many jobs we turned down because of people either had fish tanks or had birds as pets. The stuff in commercial pesticides and even OTC fleabombs' date=' roach sprays, etc. are all extremely toxic to fish and birds. We couldnt even spray within about 40 feet of a KOI pond just for fear of groundwater runoff. best bet is to try some of the more homeopathic treatments mentioned above. And if someone does have a severe flea infestation and bombing is the only solution its best to err on the side of caution and completely break down and remove your tank from your home.[/quote']

I will disagree with this if you need to treat the home contact me. It can be done without putting you or your pets in harms way. You just have to have the knowledge of what needs to be done before and after the treatment.

I have a reef tank and I run a PC Co.

We service everything from clean rooms, hospitals and research labs and schools we can handle a home with a reef tank.

However as I stated above they do not need to treat there home if they have only seen one flea and none since. If they are still seeing fleas, then they have a secondary pest problem like rats, mice, squirrels, raccoon or even a feral cat living in or under there home that is bringing the fleas. That would need to be addressed as well.

As stated by Bob I work for www.edenpest.com so if anyone in the club ever has a question about a pest problem feel free to contact me.

Precor is a great product although we mainly used the concentrate form diluted into our B&G sprayers the Precor 2000 aerosol is easier to use and just as effective. the active ingredient Permethrin is,however, toxic to fish and birds. But you are correct that if treatment is applied correctly it can be done safely in a home with a reef tank or any other fish tank. I just personally wouldnt take the risk of such a catastrophe when it involves hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars of fish and corals. there are other alternatives that are safer. But great call on the secondary infestation possibility. I was always amazed by how many techs working for our franchise and others that never thought of that possibility. I really enjoyed pest control and do miss the work.