Tang intro?

siskiou

I moved my PB tang into the 120G last night and am now watching a great deal of posturing between the tang and the scribbled rabbit fish.

The lights aren't even on yet, and I'm a little worried.

They are about the same size.

The rabbit fish has been in the tank for a while.

Any ideas how to keep things from getting too aggressive?

Or should I just let them be and hope they work out a pecking order?

Yeah, it's hard!

I feel like a mother with fighting kids! ;)

Anyway, they both are eating and mostly staying away from each other (with occasional "encounters", like swimming toward the other really fast and flashing their fins), now that the light is on.

The Tang sure looks like she considers herself the queen of the tank already!

The tang is eating nori and frozen food soaked in garlic and Kent Zoe, but none of the "special" stuff, like seaweed etc.

The rabbitfish likes one kind of the seaweed in addition to nori, frozen food and the natural algae growing in the tank (which is slowly getting less and less).

I want to get some gracilaria or sea lettuce to grow in the sump for them.

I have a Sohal in with a Scribbled rabbit and the tang loves to chase the rabbit in circles on a daily basis. I haven't seen it escalate beyond that but I guess the Sohal did scuff him up at one point when Bob had them. Seems like they have established a "working relationship" however as the rabbit is still very healthy and has great color, appetite etc. so I wouldn't worry too much. In fact, the one who is typically scuffed up these days is the Tang - he always heals pretty quickly though.

When I introduce a new fish I alway put a BIG mirror in front of the tank, this keeps the fish busy showing off for itself while it gets used to the new fish, works surprisingly well, and you will get some good laughs out of it.

Today they seem more peaceful and always hang out together.

The rabbitfish looks like he's got a scrape on one side, though.

He doesn't seem bothered, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Looks like they had it out during the time I had to be at work.

I didn't expect the little tang to be quite as aggressive!

She seemed so timid in the QT, but I guess there was nobody there to assert her superiority over! ;)

When I introduce a new fish I alway put a BIG mirror in front of the tank' date=' this keeps the fish busy showing off for itself while it gets used to the new fish, works surprisingly well, and you will get some good laughs out of it.[/quote']

That is awesome Nyles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to do it, just to see them show off to themselves, RMAO (laugh)