bonding plastic to pvc

uhuru

You can get a plastic 2 part epoxy at Home Depot that works perfect for plastics, its made by Super Glue and its called Plastic Fusion. I've used it on many parts and never had them come apart and it seems safe in the tank also.

Here's a picture of it.

They have a marine safe one like this as well, that I bonded a plastic bulk head to an acrylic sump, so I am sure it would work for your application.

You can get a plastic 2 part epoxy at Home Depot that works perfect for plastics, its made by Super Glue and its called Plastic Fusion. I've used it on many parts and never had them come apart and it seems safe in the tank also.

Here's a picture of it.

I made a skimmer out of acrylic and used this stuff. It did the trick nicely. Looked like hell, but the 1/8"acrylic broke before the bonds did.

Yeah its amazing stuff, I have never found anything else that hold plastic/acrylic as well as this does. I used some to hold a piece on a toilet and I needed to trim some off after it cured. I could not cut it off with a knife and I ended up breaking the piece in another spot.

As for being reef safe, I've used it to glue several things in my DIY work and have never seen any issues from it. Its acrylic based so it should be fine.

Rich

I made a skimmer out of acrylic and used this stuff. It did the trick nicely. Looked like hell' date=' but the 1/8"acrylic broke before the bonds did.[/quote']