Another new football year so.....

Michael7979

Well hopefully the Beavs can pull one out at home against UCLA. Need to ground and pound against that D :) GO BEAVS!!!!

Wow Oklahoma loses, Rutgers is down, Texas is down, MSU giving Wisconsin some trouble, and WV lost last night! If the Ducks win they could be top 5! That would be crazy!!!!!

Well the Ducks played decent............ but if Dixon hits Williams down the sideline OR hits Dickson at the 1. It could have been totally different. they blew 2 chances at 7 points in the first half and could have went into halftime leading 21-3 instead of 10-3. Dixon throws 2 ugly INT's........ is this the beginning of the yearly meltdown????..... I sure hope not!

Wow what happened in Corvallis stopped watching the game at half and came back with 4 minutes left and WOW!!!! Stop turning it over and things have to get better.

Ugh, long weekend. Started by getting home from Hawaii at 12:30 thursday. Woke up and had a nice morning then rode our bikes over the Autzen to see the first taping of Gameday at 12:30. Got there and stood around for 30 min. Then it started POURING! We stood in the downpour for another 20min and then got wind that they wouldn't start shooting till 2. Screw that we went and got some beers. They actually didn't start shooting till after 3!

Saturday morning got up at 4:30 am. Finished loading all our gear up and got to the stadium at 6:03am. It was 75% full!!!! But we found a spot right across from some kids who had a keg. There were roughly 125 kids around us. They were sitting on our car, other ppls cars, falling over backwards drunk, trash everywhere. Not a good spot but oh well. They ran out of beer by 10:30am so the crowd dispersed quickly after that. Of course most of them tried to buy beer from me, but nobody wanted to pay the 10bucks per can cost i was giving them lol. We setup and jumped in the back of the 4runner to try and nap for 30min or so, but no having it with a kegger 10ft away. At 6:45 we headed over to the Gameday taping and stayed there for an hour or so.

Then came the game. Ducks played well, not well enough. So, just like last year, we lose to a beatable Cal team. 4 TOs, giving us 7 in the last 2 games. Dixon has 3 of them. Mental lapses all over the place, special teams coughing it up again and setting up Cal on the 40 EVERY drive. Then Colvin, the senior finally gets his chance to shine and he chokes. So disappointing, this team has all the potential in the world. They just can't stay disiplined and can't hang onto the ball. Now Dixon has his 2 INTs and a fumble. I wonder about his confidence. He was missing wide open receivers, again. We lost our starting LB and team captain for the year. And we totally went away from the running game in the 4th quarter. Why don't we use JStew more, i just don't get it. He's as talented as McFadden or Slaten, they get the ball 30+ times a game. I just don't get it.

Beavs had a tough game. I expected that though, and its gonna continue. Its tough when you have a brand new QB taking the reigns.

My biggest suprise so far is ASU. Who knew they were the 3rd best team in the Pac???

The Beavers looked terrible, I struggled to watch, UCLA was terrible as well. It a shame that the Duck games ended as it did, they did well keeping the ball on the ground, one of the best games I have seen in a while but I had butterflies the whole game, close match up, to bad we could not kick, and Dixon's nightmares finally came true, you have to throw int every once in a while, its just to bad it was at that point in the game.

Great game though.

I think i said on the first page UCLA was overrated. They are just proving it now. Beavs need to get some consistancy at the QB spot, i've said that since the start of the year too. Too bad i wasn't more spot on for the Ducks :/ Kinda like last year (laugh)

I donno why they went away from the run in the 2nd half. It makes no sense. Were they scared Stew would get too many yards? He was going for 7-15 yards per carry and then halftime and boom, lets not give it to him when we are ahead??? [language filter].

I am really getting tired of MB and his calls. MB lost this game, he was outcoached yet again. The fumbles hurt, that goes back to game prep. The change in playcalling at half was just a bad decision. Why rely on Dixon's arm when you are getting all the yards you need on Stews legs? I just don't get it.

Miles you bring up a good point in both games. Beavers were running all over UCLA the first half. Second half...apparently we forgot about that. Same with the ducks. Their running game was very successful. I would rather have Stewart running the ball than Dixon throwing it. :)

Beavers are going to struggle unless Canfield can throw the ball downfield. Our defense can only obsorb so much before it breaks. I said at this same point last year that the beavs were not going to win another game.....I wont say that this year. However, I know that USC, Cal, Oregon, and even Washington are all going to be real tough games.

I am really getting tired of MB and his calls. MB lost this game, he was outcoached yet again. The fumbles hurt, that goes back to game prep. The change in playcalling at half was just a bad decision. Why rely on Dixon's arm when you are getting all the yards you need on Stews legs? I just don't get it.

I think it was a combo, I mean look at the return (if you can call it that) where the two guys ran into each other, gimme a break, you don't see that in high school ball, the players did not have there heads where they needed to be in the second half.

Dan - yah i just don't understand why a coach goes away from what is working. Bernard could have run up and down that field all day. Once Canfield gets more comfortable that'll be a good team. Just need to stop handing the ball to the other team.

Nyles - I know!!! JStew has been returning kickoffs all year. Thru 4 games we had zero turnovers on special teams. They take him out for this game, boom a TO. What next, our punter lining up at TE?