1/10th HP PCI chiller for sale

siskiou

It's a couple of years old, works great, comes with brand new hose attachments, $190.

I bought it as back-up for the summer for my 120G, but haven't needed it. My tank stays at 79-80 F even on the hottest days.

And we are installing central air this year, too.

I tested it on my 120G, and even on a tank that large it cools it off quite a few degrees easily.

Of course it would be much more effective on a smaller tank.

Will take pics if needed.

Dimensions are 12'L x 12" W x 13.5" H according to the website (our measuring tape has gone missing for the moment, but the numbers look right. Will measure the actual unit once I find the measuring tape).

Here is the link to the manufacturer: http://tinyurl.com/2xpuyx

Edited to add: my husband found the tape measure and it agrees with the website dimensions. :D

I also checked on the UPS website, and the quote I got was more in the $25 range (includes insurance for $200, which I would really want in case something goes wrong. I've had a couple of damaged packages through UPS and don't think they treat their stuff very well, to tell you the truth).

You sure you wouldn't want to drive down or have someone bring it, if possible?

Gotcha. That's still ok. I REALLY appreciate reefgeek's offer to bring it up, but we're trying to stabilize our tank as soon as possible, so we would love to have it this week.

Our tank's in a southern facing small room and fluctuating between 76 and 88 degrees (if we forget to check it). We've been using fans with the glass off when we see things getting high, but that just makes the room musty and we're constantly adding RO water. Which is why we're not just leaving the fans on (plus the fans sound like a couple of Cessnas priming for takeoff).

$25 for shipping to save me the drive to Eugene this weekend or during rush hour after work seems like a small price to pay.