Teacher Needs Help

Emerald525

I know many of you feel passionately about helping out schools. I know I do. It is great to be able to support getting children excited early on in the hobby. 

A teacher from Burlington will be going to the meeting and wanted to post up his information. He is from Skagit Adventist Academy.  He will be at the meeting at MrBret's this Sunday so if you have any thing you want to donate them please bring them along.

He was referred to the Pugent Sound Aquarium Society but sadly it sounds like that club may be disbanding. 

I would like to make his long trip worthwhile so let's see if we can show what a great place PNWMAS!

Here's some information about him and his tank. 

I teach at Skagit Adventist Academy. We are a K-12 school. The tank is in the Science room where all students 7-12 take multiple classes. The elementary kids are in here from time to time as well.

My tank is 180 gallon with a 75 gallon sump. I'm using a Vertex Optima 180i protein skimmer. I'm running two Mag pumps as returns. My lights are Coralife Aqualite LEDs. I'm running 3 24inch fixtures with as many LEDs as the fixtures will take. I haven't measured the PAR values but I think there is plenty of light.

I don't have any sort of a specific "wish list" for corals. I just want to have a colorful healthy tank so the door is wide open there. I guess I would say I would like to have a mixture of softies, SPS, and LPS corals rather than a tank with only one type. I've tried to set up the tank with the correct parameters so that I can grow corals successfully. Any holes that you or any of the veterens see I will welcome input. I'm open to suggestions from those of you who have years of experience and success as to what would be the best way to start out and then build from there.Hope that helps....if you need more info let me know!

Cheers,

Aubrey