Picoreefer

nanoreefer

Wow that's a great setup working on doing the same with the 10gallon. Did I miss it somewhere, But where are you getting your rics and rock anemones from? Also how are you making your little cup holders I see in your pictures. I need a few. Lol sorry one more question. You are putting the marinepure balls in the main chamber, under the pump or where?

Edited by LadySaber

I got my stuff from several sellers on eBay: aquarium_art, boomcoral, and lareef. The cups holders are just condiment cups with suction cups attached with superglue : ) Great for baby yumas and anything that needs a little substrate to attach. The marinepure balls are in the middle chamber. There's nothing in the pump chamber other than the pump and heater.

Thanks, Cuttle Fish and Corals, for some awesome new corals! Stopped by to kill some time before meeting up with my friends for H&H and couldn't resist.

00CA6DEC-4A93-44E2-B97E-8F3A08F7ED62_zps

7A8DC775-F213-422A-A671-65B5889B2498_zps

E6CC6AA1-FAD1-4911-8658-EE7074009717_zps

BA9E07C0-1CD9-4801-B194-5C4481B67B14_zps

The little piggy started eating right out of the bag!

480757C8-615C-4A5D-B2A0-9E24EFDF0331_zps

Running out of space; need to figure out where I'm gonna put the blood red maxi anemone that's arriving today.

76AE6FBB-599B-49F7-AEC4-4CC81C2731A4_zps

7833BA58-2834-4121-BE59-C92CB109634D_zps

83A93FC2-857E-4211-9EB2-91C6A911022A_zps

900F53AB-1B68-478B-99A1-65563ADFEA62_zps

Plenty of pods for my mandarin!

B2CD19FB-49D0-4AD7-A686-D034E26D6966_zps

D4747017-061B-4685-BDCE-A5AFE0C59ABE_zps

• Like 5

I agree. Your tank is superior to many I have encountered. I would frame that last picture you posted in my living room. :P

Funny question...what does the tank look like with the white LED's on. I saw the reflection of the light in the overhead shot and it made me wonder. Do a lot of the corals look like the color they fluoresce?

• Like 1

Huh. I didn't notice that those were taken with white light. It would just provide a different perspective.

One thing I love is fluorescence and your tank has tons of it. My research group at college studies fluorescent proteins and how they "work." After looking at this thread yesterday, I decided to do a search on fluorescent proteins isolated from corals and anemones. In reality, there are a handful that have been characterized and isolated. Every time I see coral fluoresce, I know there are new proteins to be discovered and your tank is full of them. Haha. Every color you see is likely a different protein.

P.s. I showed my advisor your videos and he couldn't believe that people have aquariums like yours.

• Like 1

I got my stuff from several sellers on eBay: aquarium_art, boomcoral, and lareef. The cups holders are just condiment cups with suction cups attached with superglue : ) Great for baby yumas and anything that needs a little substrate to attach. The marinepure balls are in the middle chamber. There's nothing in the pump chamber other than the pump and heater.

can show us a better pic of your cup holder thingys[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can show us a better pic of your cup holder thingys[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the little ramikin cups you get dipping sauce at in restaurants? They are literally those plastic cups and a suction cup glued to it. The are sweet and dont even look super tacky

• Like 2

Huh. I didn't notice that those were taken with white light. It would just provide a different perspective.

One thing I love is fluorescence and your tank has tons of it. My research group at college studies fluorescent proteins and how they "work." After looking at this thread yesterday, I decided to do a search on fluorescent proteins isolated from corals and anemones. In reality, there are a handful that have been characterized and isolated. Every time I see coral fluoresce, I know there are new proteins to be discovered and your tank is full of them. Haha. Every color you see is likely a different protein.

P.s. I showed my advisor your videos and he couldn't believe that people have aquariums like yours.

That's so cool! I noticed that they glow differently under different spectrum; they all glow under deep blue actinic or blue (have no idea what that is in nm) but only a few glow under UV; the ones that do glow under uv are insane looking; of all the rics in the tank, only two of them glow under uv. I may be able to donate some tissue samples for science :) Edited by nanoreefer

• 2 weeks later...