HELP with Geo 618 calcium reactor

J-Dog

Hey guys, I could use a little help with this reactor I just purchased. I bought it used, so I'm not sure if I am missing pieces. I went to Geo's website and the instructions say to supply the reactor using a Maxijet 1200 and a 3/8" tubing. The inlet on my reactor doesn't have anything to attach to, but it looks way to small to fit that size tubing. Am I missing something here? Can anyone help me figure out how to get this reactor supplied with water? Here is a picture of my inlet......what part do I need to get it working?

IMG_20150723_133619229_zpsda366e8a.jpg

How about a threaded hose barb? Home depot, ace, and lowes have a descent selection.

Does Home Depot have plastic threaded barbs in various sizes? I have no idea what size thread I need.....the barb would need to be 1/4" to fit the hose they say to use

Does Home Depot have plastic threaded barbs in various sizes? I have no idea what size thread I need.....the barb would need to be 1/4" to fit the hose they say to use

Yes they do, it's in the plumbing area but with the brass barbs and valves there are plastic ones. If you can't find the thread size on the pipe just bring it in with you and test fit, we all do that from time to time :D

• Like 1

I wouldn't do the barb get the screw in type connector that will take the hard tubing that you see on RO units or the tubing that feeds the water to an ice maker, they come in 1/4" and 3/8" , I'd do the 3/8"

The connector will make it easier to disconnect when you need to discoonect it for cleaning or "whatever"

Does that make sense?

I wouldn't do the barb get the screw in type connector that will take the hard tubing that you see on RO units or the tubing that feeds the water to an ice maker, they come in 1/4" and 3/8" , I'd do the 3/8"

The connector will make it easier to disconnect when you need to discoonect it for cleaning or "whatever"

Does that make sense?

Agreed, a plug with a whole drilled and tapped for 1/4" NPT and then use a 1/4" john guest fitting into the threaded plug.

Look at this page, the piece you want it pictured in the center.

https://www.savko.com/portal/speedfit.asp

Something like this jdog. You might also want to use a needle valve to fine tune the feed. I happen to have this hayward needle valve and the 1/4 inlet available since I am now using a different method to feed my reactor. All you would need is the threaded adapter to go from the needle valve to the reactor. Home depot carries those as well. Hit me up if youre interested.

20150725_095302.jpg