Another Fusion 20

spectra

ok now Im officially jealous of your mad carpentry skills. Really awesome work. As for anal I do that all the time I'm super anal about my projects.. I actually have to force myself at times to step away... LOLOLOL

Thanks and yes I am way to anal about stuff :rolleyes:  I ended up putting on another 2 coats of poly and well still one spot that I am not happy with.........I really like the looks of it but just need to get this final coat to look good......to the average eye they probably would not even notice it but I do and it BUGS ME........and knowing it is there my eyes are drawn to it first thing......

Had some time and am playing with rock now.....let me know what you think as I hate this part of the deal :D Plus never had this small of a footprint either.

IMG_1043%202.jpg

The lines on the board are the tank dimensions. Total height is about 9 inches so I will be almost to the top once some sand goes in and then the rocks. Not really sure if I want to do 2 little islands or just one yet though? So any ideas out there let me know!  

IMG_1035.jpg

Stand looks great! I to am trying to figure out the rockwork and like you hate this part!

Thanks!

And yes not sure if I did the correct thing in buying rock site unseen but I have it now so need to make it work. Will probably have extra to but now I have some for another tank later I guess :D

Hey it was still cheaper than the Red Sea you wanted!

Well by the time it is all said and done not sure :unsure:  I need baskets, a new pump, spin streams a heater and the light......oh and also need to figure out a skimmer. Not even sure what that holds as the ghost skimmer sucks butt.......

Maybe I should have got the Red Sea.....insert butt kicking emoticon....

Edited by spectra

Well by the time it is all said and done not sure :unsure: I need baskets, a new pump, spin streams a heater and the light......oh and also need to figure out a skimmer. Not even sure what that holds as the ghost skimmer sucks butt.......

Maybe I should have got the Red Sea.....insert butt kicking emoticon....

You should have got the Red Sea! Still would have gone way over budget if it makes u feel better. The only thing I really don't like about the ghost skimmer now that it's broken in is the microbubbles.

Well after almost a week I think I have the stand figured out. I did not like the finish as I am one anal person :nutty: staining when it is 90 outside is not recommended :laugh: Took me 2 nights of sanding with 400 grit wet sand paper to come up with what I have. Stand is black with a little distressed look and some of the lighter poplar showing through. I have one more coat of poly to put on tonight as there is one side that does not look good to me..............

And on a side note UPS dropped off 30lbs of Reefcleaner rock :biggrin2:

All very nice work. Reef Cleaners does have some amazing looking rock right now!  They have renewed their PNWMAS Sponsorship... the Banners are just not up yet in the forum! I don't think that John Maloney, owner of Reef Cleaners, would mind at all if I posted this about his rock! https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/florida-reef-rock-30lbs-free-shipping

All very nice work. Reef Cleaners does have some amazing looking rock right now!  They have renewed their PNWMAS Sponsorship... the Banners are just not up yet in the forum! I don't think that John Maloney, owner of Reef Cleaners, would mind at all if I posted this about his rock! https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/florida-reef-rock-30lbs-free-shipping

Dang! paid 63 I think :laugh:

I will say John was great to work with and must have emailed me at least 3 times after the order.....also got a discount code for a clean up crew if I decide to get some from them.

You should have got the Red Sea! Still would have gone way over budget if it makes u feel better. The only thing I really don't like about the ghost skimmer now that it's broken in is the microbubbles.

Someday it will happen......Like I said before the Fusion is not even wet yet :laugh: You never know what might happen.........

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking good Scott. Just one word of advice. I was used to the spread my ati had so I had my rock work on the sides but the LEDs tend to have more of s spotlight effect where the par is dead center. If I had to to do it all over again I probably would have put more rock work in the center and left the sides more clear. Also the rock on the right, realize whatever you put there will likely get exposed to air when you are doing a water change. I already run into that with my red planet just doing a 4 gallon water change. Otherwise it looks awesome. The stand turned out really nice! I was tempted to buy your setup lol. I do love the aquascape though!????

Yes thought of that with the rock but I figure I can just put some cheaper zoas up there :rolleyes: Almost wish I had a bigger rock for the other side also.

As for the shadows I understand that one but can raise the light to help out of just go bigger. I am still not 100% set on the smaller Kessil. I am sure a 360WE would work much better. Really wanted to go with a XR 15 but just can not deal with the disco ball effect and don't want to chance it for the price with the mount.

Just going to see what happens and go from there. Until I get a cycle it is just rocks and water :sad: kind of boring.....

Thanks!

As for the Primes I would rather run a single 26. My only issue is the disco ball effect.... I love the look of the Kessils and am actually starting to like this little guy I have. Ordered a controller for it today so will see how it works out.....that will make up my mind weather I go to a 360 or not. The one thing I love about the Kessils is the simplicity of the set up and the clean look over a rimless tank.

Getting closer..........center rock is a lo darker now and algae is starting to form........

If I could just figure out my lights I might be happy.....picked up a 360 Kessil and love the way it works but also loved the 160 I had also. XR15 Radion also but just don't like the effect you get on the sand bed.....