Acro keeper

Tim

Well I might as well take a shot at getting a slot. This is my newest tank that I have setup, I am slowly moving the SPS in my bedroom tank into this much larger tank. There are a few large chalices,acans, and brains to fill in the dark areas but I would say that this tank is SPS dominant. Not the best photo but it will give you an idea of where this tank is heading. The corals look small but it is because this is a decent sized tank of 6 feet, for size reference the middle patygyra is about 10 inches accross and almost 4 inches tall. On the lest there is  group of 3 different torts in front of the ORA Hyacinth nest and just to the right of that is a TECO Aussie Mint jutting infront of the Elegan Pocilipora. In the middle is a Rufus Forest that the Clown Gobies ravage all the time, underneath is about a dozen more different acros including but not limited to MM Tricolor, Uspcales Branching Red Cyphastrea, Purple Plasma, West Side Purplishous, West side Rainbow Tort, Blue Rufus, Aussie Purple Table, Ect To the right of this is some Frog Skin acro,Purple Tipped Valida, Green Slimer, blue stag, and the list goes on.

Cropped%20210%20FTS_zpsdaflwtok.jpg

And these corals are getting moved into the new tank slowly so those few barren spots are going to have a coral soon enough.

DSCF3335_zps5nt46p39.jpg

Maybe since i was an early bird I can get in with the cool kids club again, or at least qualify for a position, I did say lighting in my answer if that's of any consolation.

OH, And sorry for the blueish pictures, I am on my lunch break and do not have a nice camera nor time to make this all look as good as I would like it too...Don't judge me too harshly.

• Like 3

There are some killer tanks, wow!  I am in rebuild phase, so it is probably best I pull myself from the comp at this point.  Kim please remove me.

Whoever wins, please save a frag for those of us with less awesome tanks down the road.

There are some killer tanks, wow!  I am in rebuild phase, so it is probably best I pull myself from the comp at this point.  Kim please remove me.

Whoever wins, please save a frag for those of us with less awesome tanks down the road.

That's very commendable of you Jeremy! I will remove you from the list. I also really wanted to get in on this too but my tank is not ready yet and I would not want this to be the first sps I added to my Fusion 20. 

List updated just 2 hours left to post a FTS if you would like to be in the running.

Jadams7

Arsonmfg

Ninjabeaver

Kknight

J-dog

Blackice

Rolekii

Earthbound

Cerk

Badxgillen

I would like to stay out of Kim doing her pick but my fam I think you totally should be in this grow out, just for your thought I will hook you up with my most beauty that I been working on growing it out and this one I can guarantee you either it make LE or we can put it on eBay and have a blast and we can call it whatever who care let's have fun...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking that the mother colony has perished or is in bad shape. I recall a thread in which Tim mentioned that he was having some trouble with his tank and was looking for someone else to hold it for him.

I believe that BadXgillen has plans for an acro growout in the near future, however. :fingerscrossed:

Edited by Lexinverts

I believe that BadXgillen has plans for an acro growout in the near future, however. :fingerscrossed:

I don't know where you hear these things, could just be rumors.

Maybe take it to cuttlefish? He could probably frag it and everyone could grab the frags there instead of having a dozen people run through your place.

Jeff is a pretty good guy and has helped in that way in the past, never hurts to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for being patient the colony is coloring as I was expecting, as I don't have the time to run all over town to make it happen sooner, anyway let all meet at my house this Sunday when I come back from crabing I will frag it fresh and it will be fine and we all can have a seafood fest before summer over.

Tim

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for being patient the colony is coloring as I was expecting, as I don't have the time to run all over town to make it happen sooner, anyway let all meet at my house this Sunday when I come back from crabing I will frag it fresh and it will be fine and we all can have a seafood fest before summer over.

Tim

I knew i missed out on a good grow out  :tongue:  Frags AND food? Heaven!

Thanks Tim for putting it together  :D

Edited by ChrisQ