Acro keeper

Tim

I do run very custom hand soldered LEDs including quite a few watts of 380 and 395 watt LEDs (true UVs, not 410s-420s).

So that is a plus for the experiment if light is of interest.

Here is the pic from a while back. I guess I really love my LPS. There are some SPS in here, but not many. I am getting more into them though lately...

d2fc5be3f3e44cfc416a12f6248e8425.jpg

Excited for the possibility of getting in early on some new Westside piece. Otherwise I know frags will come up available in time...

Okay, I will leave this up until wednesday. You don't need a fancy camera to post a picture just a good cell phone picture is all that is needed. It will be nice to be able to see pictures of those select few who get to be growers to see how the coral transforms.

Rashawn where are all your corals?  :D  Nice par values. I will work on a voting thread tomorrow night. Last chance to post pictures will be 6pm tomorrow! With 7 spots left you have a good chance to be in the running if you just post up a picture of your tank! :)

Rashawn where are all your corals?  :D  Nice par values. I will work on a voting thread tomorrow night. Last chance to post pictures will be 6pm tomorrow! With 7 spots left you have a good chance to be in the running if you just post up a picture of your tank! :)

This is an old pic when I first got this tank setup. 

• Like 1

5 foot 120 gallon tank, with 30 gallon sump. Lighting with 8 bulb t5. Running calcium reactor. 

Full tank shot, sorry about the frag racks, tried to move them out of the way for the picture. 

2015-07-22_00-01-26_HDR.jpg

And some random shots of corals

2015-07-22_00-05-44_HDR.jpg

2015-07-22_00-06-01_HDR.jpg

2015-07-22_00-06-23_HDR.jpg

And this is why my 2nd grade teacher didn't allow in class parties! Not enough cake for everyone.

I'd suggest anyone not satisfied with the outcome to do this yourself...buy a nice colony and then pick people to grow out your coral...good luck picking;)

Best frag swap I ever did was a colony chop...I need to do that again...

Edited by Mandinga
  • Like 3

Great pictures! We have lots of skilled sps growers! Great idea Isaac about buying a colony. I would totally be up for that! Keep posting FTS.  Last chance to post a picture is 6pm tonight!\

I also need to verify with Tim all the entrants and how many spots are left but here is who I have that is in:

Ken (Kshack)
Frank 
Brad (Reefnjunkie)
Fernando 
Isaac (Mandinga)
Batchelor
Jorge
Beer503

Here is who I have so far. Let me know if I forgot anyone:

Higher Thinking (Andrew I do not have a FTS shot from you)
Jadams7
TheClark
Arsonmfg
Ninjabeaver
Kknight
J-dog
Blackice
Rolekii
Earthbound
Cerk

And this is why my 2nd grade teacher didn't allow in class parties! Not enough cake for everyone.

Agreed Isaac, but u also can't come to class and announce...."HEY, I'M HAVING A PARTY, WHO WANTS TO COME?".....the come back the next day and say to the same class "my bad, I am only inviting my friends, if u guys don't like it, then have your own party".

I was actually the one that said have your own party, not Tim. And I am not even being sarcastic...just suggesting it to anyone who was left out, because there would be more opportunities and cool corals flying around. It's a great idea what Tim wants to do...and it is something he already has done before. I think his original 15 frags from a colony was probably on the aggressive side...I wouldn't want to be chopping up an aussie into 15 separate frags...can you say RTN? I frag my tenuis 2-3 frags at a time, and every time I think the colony is going to die...and that's a homegrown piece! Rashaan, you should join the monti chop swap I just posted, I know you are hoarding some good ones!

Hey guys can we please keep this thread on track please... :innocent:

I'm trying to keep this as fair as possible. I know it will suck for those who do not get a chance but there will be more opportunities.

:flowers:

I just don't want anyone who wants to post a picture to miss out.  Here is the list I have so far:

:backtotopic:

Ken (Kshack)
Frank 
Brad (Reefnjunkie)
Fernando 
Isaac (Mandinga)
Batchelor
Jorge
Beer503

Jadams7
TheClark
Arsonmfg
Ninjabeaver
Kknight
J-dog
Blackice
Rolekii
Earthbound
Cerk

Hey guys can we please keep this thread on track please... :innocent:

I'm trying to keep this as fair as possible. I know it will suck for those who do not get a chance but there will be more opportunities.

:flowers:

I just don't want anyone who wants to post a picture to miss out. Here is the list I have so far:

:backtotopic:

Ken (Kshack)

Frank

Brad (Reefnjunkie)

Fernando

Isaac (Mandinga)

Batchelor

Jorge

Beer503

Jadams7

TheClark

Arsonmfg

Ninjabeaver

Kknight

J-dog

Blackice

Rolekii

Earthbound

Cerk

I'm going to bow out. Thanks for the opportunity though. Good luck everyone!
  • Like 1

I'm going to bow out. Thanks for the opportunity though. Good luck everyone!

Sorry to hear that Andrew looked like you had some nice Sps.

Okay I verified with Tim and there are 6 spots available. Here is the updated list. Please those of you who are interested make sure I didn't miss anyone. Last chance to post a picture is this evening at 6pm!

Jadams7

TheClark

Arsonmfg

Ninjabeaver

Kknight

J-dog

Blackice

Rolekii

Earthbound

Cerk