Clownfish pair broke up...

Peng

My onyx percula clownfish pair just broke up recently after the male was somehow sucked into the sump and got damaged by kalkwasser auto top-off. Since then the female rejected the male and has been seriously beating the male... I had to separate them because the male is so weak and hurt right now... Is it because the male couldn't fulfill her expectations anymore? I'm waiting to let the male recover. Will the female pair up with him again when I reintroduce him?

Hard to say. It probably does have to do with him just being weaker and banged up. It's definitely worth a try after he gets his strength back up. I would try introducing her in his territory of when you are going to try introducing again rwarranfr the rock work so she's less territorial. My experience is you know pretty quickly if they are going to get along.

Hard to say. It probably does have to do with him just being weaker and banged up. It's definitely worth a try after he gets his strength back up. I would try introducing her in his territory of when you are going to try introducing again rwarranfr the rock work so she's less territorial. My experience is you know pretty quickly if they are going to get along.

Great I'm going to try your method once he heals. It's just hard to believe how abusive their relationship is...

• Like 1

Great I'm going to try your method once he heals. It's just hard to believe how abusive their relationship is...

Perhaps a call to the tang police is in order.???? in all seriousness nature is harsh and survival in the ocean is harsh so it would make sense that your female would want a male that is healthy and strong. Survival of the fittest!