Anyone use pellet grills?

TheClark

I have a green mountain pellet grill and they rock. They come with a recipe book and have tried most and they are great. The chicken and salmon from a pellet grill can't be touched when it comes to bbq. I smoke salmon, sturgeon, make brisket my own beef jerkey, ribs. You name it. The nice thing bout green mountain grills is they'll lower in temp so slow smoking is better and the stuff that traeger charges extra for is included. I have the Daniel Boone model and it is awesome. I also have a "bull rack" which is 5 layered racks to increase the smoking room. I would highly recommend this grill to anyone. As far as pellets. I usually buy in bulk at Costco when they have them. Hope this helps

I have a green mountain pellet grill and they rock. They come with a recipe book and have tried most and they are great. The chicken and salmon from a pellet grill can't be touched when it comes to bbq. I smoke salmon, sturgeon, make brisket my own beef jerkey, ribs. You name it. The nice thing bout green mountain grills is they'll lower in temp so slow smoking is better and the stuff that traeger charges extra for is included. I have the Daniel Boone model and it is awesome. I also have a "bull rack" which is 5 layered racks to increase the smoking room. I would highly recommend this grill to anyone. As far as pellets. I usually buy in bulk at Costco when they have them. Hope this helps

That helps allot, thanks!  I am excited.

And btw there customer service is nothing like you've ever experienced. I had a ignitorvgomout the day before thanksgiving and had my turkey rubbed in seasoning and ready to grill the next day. I called them up and the overnight end the ignitor at no charge. When I moved, I broke the auger by dropping one end of tailgate and again they sent me a new auger FREE!

• Like 1

I have a Traeger and love it.  I have smoked everything from fish to elk to brisket and everything in between.  I use it 3-4 times a week.  Works great for smoking and just straigt up cooking, set it at 350 and go!  I also have done veggies and potatoes on it.  Mine also came with a recipe book that I have used a lot.  

My favorite pellets are hickory or mesquite. 

I have a Traeger and love it.  I have smoked everything from fish to elk to brisket and everything in between.  I use it 3-4 times a week.  Works great for smoking and just straigt up cooking, set it at 350 and go!  I also have done veggies and potatoes on it.  Mine also came with a recipe book that I have used a lot.  

My favorite pellets are hickory or mesquite. 

Awesome, thank you for the confidence boost.  These are not cheap, so it helps to know how much people love them.

Where do you like to buy your pellets?

Awesome, thank you for the confidence boost.  These are not cheap, so it helps to know how much people love them.

Where do you like to buy your pellets?

You can get them at costco from time to time, I ususally buy a couple bags when I can get them there, otherwise Ace hardware carries them and I have got them at Gartners meat market too.    But honestly Costco is cheapest!

I've had my treager for ten years. I love it and actually just cooked some chicken quarters on it last night and Wednesday is was beer bum chicken.

The only weak point I find is not being able to sear the steak at 7-800 degrees. So I do that on my bbq then slide it over the pellet head.

You can get a cold smoke box for one also. I just ordered mine so I can smoke oysters and cheese and the like.

Edited by fishboys

LOVE my Traeger! What made it perfect was adding these: Grillgrate.com

Can do hi temp things like searing steak...

Use mine at least 4x/week...

That's right, you showed me those and your acyrlic extended pellet hopper.  Awesome, thanks for the reminder I did forget.

pffft.... pellets are for lazy BBQers!!!  :)

I am just poking at ya!!   They do a great job, and take the difficulty of maintaining the temp out of the picture!

I am more traditional and swear by getting used to your grill and learning how to keep that temp correct for your grill.

No matter how it's cooked.... as long as you love the flavor..... that's what matters!!

• Like 1

Well now we are talking :D I have been looking at all sorts of pellet grills for a year now :rolleyes: I almost bought a Green Mountain a few months back but decided against it. Seems they are all made in China now even the Traegers. I really want a MAK grill but they are not cheap....

I still use my trusty weber smokey mountain for anything that requires low and slow but want  to replace it with a plug an play pellet grill someday. And yes I think you have to have the grill grates with a pellet grill.

Propane is for space heaters :) I have a Traeger and LOVE it. Pizzas are sooo good cooked on a pellet grill (think wood fired pizza) I get my pellets at Sportsmans Warehouse at Three Rivers Mall (good selection,good price) here's a link to a cool smoking site. http://amazingribs.com

I think my favorite is to smoke a pork shoulder for about 13 hrs and make pulled pork. Salmon is amazing also. Heck everything tastes better. Another thing I like about pellet grills is they are basically a convection oven so they cook evenly and you don't get flare ups so they cook healthier than a traditional grill. Good Luck!

Propane is for space heaters :) I have a Traeger and LOVE it. Pizzas are sooo good cooked on a pellet grill (think wood fired pizza) I get my pellets at Sportsmans Warehouse at Three Rivers Mall (good selection,good price) here's a link to a cool smoking site. http://amazingribs.com

I think my favorite is to smoke a pork shoulder for about 13 hrs and make pulled pork. Salmon is amazing also. Heck everything tastes better. Another thing I like about pellet grills is they are basically a convection oven so they cook evenly and you don't get flare ups so they cook healthier than a traditional grill. Good Luck!

You live in kelso? Me too!

Pizza yum!