C-1000 1HP Pacific Coast Aquarium Chiller - $375 OBO

Unfortunately, I'm having issues loading pics. Hope to have some available to view soon. Sorry.

I bought this chiller brand new and only used for one summer. In the Fall, I sold the aquarium and kept some of the equipment including the chiller. The chiller has never been left outside in the rain and has always been kept in dry storage. Currently, it is being stored at my folks place in a spare bedroom. The chiller does have few minor scratches and is a little rusty in some spots. The rust is from water splash when it was in operation. Saltwater can be pretty harsh especially around metal. I was able to remove some of the rust in the vents with a rag without too much effort. If someone wanted to get it really clean, a toothbrush would work probably better. 

The chiller does turn on when plugged into a wall socket. Because there was no water running through it, I only had it plugged in for a split second to see if it powered up. 

There was a remote that came with the chiller, but unfortunately I can't seem to find it. 

This unit sells new from the manufacture for: $1,215.99

I'm selling mine for: 375.00 OBO

Sold As Is. No return. 

Serious inquiries only, please... My parents place is approx. 20 miles from my home. 

I'm in Sandy,Oregon 97055

The information below is from Pacific Coast website. 

Here is the link: http://www.pacificcoastchiller.com/contents/en-us/p2.html

Minimum water flow required 1000gph. 
db rating 60 
1" PVC slip connections 
110V/18amps 

21"L x 19"W x 15"H 

10 degree cooling up to 1000 gallons 

BTU Capacity 12,000 1" PVC in/out connections 
30 degree cooling up to 750 gallons 1 HP Aquarium Chiller unit.

Model C-1000 specifications:
1 Horsepower
110 Volt
Dimensions: 21" x 19" x 15" 
Flow GPH: Min 750 
BTU: 12,000
Weight: 150 lbs.

10 degree cooling up to 1200 gallons
30 degree cooling up to 750 gallons 
Edited by Mt. Dreamer

Thanks for your interest in my aquarium chiller, Dragon. Reply PM sent.

I plugged the chiller into an outlet and the digital control panel/screen came on. I didn't run water through the chiller to test the water temp because I don't have any PVC pipe or tubing. The chiller was in great working condition the summer I used it. I assume its still in great working order today.

The chiller is at my folks house in Welches, Oregon. Approx 18 miles past the town of Sandy, on the way to Mt. Hood. Arrangements could be made to bring to my place in Sandy for serious buyers. However, if buyer wants to actually test water temp before buying chiller then its best to do so at my parents house. I live in 3rd floor condo. Honestly, I'm not sure how to set the chiller up temporarily to test water temp. Open to suggestions. The chiller inlet and outlet are much larger then a garden hose. 

I found the remote control! However, I'm pretty certain one can also operate the chiller without it. If I recall, I never used the controller when the chiller was set up. 

Also have for sale the pump that I used when I had the chiller running. Reeflo Snapper. Its in excellent condition... looks new! Quite pump for being a powerful pump! I just now put some water in the pump and plugged it in... works! 

The price for chiller without pump is $375.00 OBO

The price for chiller with pump is $440.00 firm

I will not sell pump by itself unless chiller sells first. 

All sales are final. 

Thanks for your interest in my aquarium chiller, Dragon. Reply PM sent.

I plugged the chiller into an outlet and the digital control panel/screen came on. I didn't run water through the chiller to test the water temp because I don't have any PVC pipe or tubing. The chiller was in great working condition the summer I used it. I assume its still in great working order today.

The chiller is at my folks house in Welches, Oregon. Approx 18 miles past the town of Sandy, on the way to Mt. Hood. Arrangements could be made to bring to my place in Sandy for serious buyers. However, if buyer wants to actually test water temp before buying chiller then its best to do so at my parents house. I live in 3rd floor condo. Honestly, I'm not sure how to set the chiller up temporarily to test water temp. Open to suggestions. The chiller inlet and outlet are much larger then a garden hose.

I found the remote control! However, I'm pretty certain one can also operate the chiller without it. If I recall, I never used the controller when the chiller was set up.

Also have for sale the pump that I used when I had the chiller running. Reeflo Snapper. Its in excellent condition... looks new! Quite pump for being a powerful pump! I just now put some water in the pump and plugged it in... works!

I will not sell pump by itself unless chiller sells first.

All sales are final.

Fill up your bath tube to run it.

Hope this helps........

Aquarium Chiller C-1000: Tested the chiller, and from what I could tell, it works! I pushed the temp button to 52 degrees and the chiller came on automatically. I assume the water that was going into the chiller was warmer then 52 degrees. Didn't have a thermometer to know. I came home and did a thorough search for the operating instructions. I found the fax copy Pacific Coast sent me when I bought the chiller. Never had an original copy. I didn't have the instructions when I tested the chiller today, but honestly I'm pretty certain I was doing something right. Honestly, the instructions are a bit confusing to me. Its been about eight years since I last used the chiller and then it was only for 2 to 3 months. 

I'm confident that the chiller is working properly based on the fact that it came on by itself. The Control Board did not indicate any issues from what I could tell. 

I would like to demonstrate the "test" again when buyer is present. Buyer is more then welcome to mess with the instructions at that time. Please keep in mind, the accuracy of the chiller will most likely differ because its not set up to an aquarium system. I just had water from a garden hose going through pvc pipe into chiller and back out. 

Again, I'm pretty sure the chiller is working correctly and has no mechanical issues. However, the chiller is being sold As Is and with no guarantee. Sorry, no refund once purchased.  

Aquarium Water Pump: Pretty certain the pump is working. The pump is NOT self-priming. Therefore, if the fluid level is below the pump, a swing type check valve or a foot valve must be installed below water level. The pump and inlet line must be primed prior to start up. I could not get the pump primed so it did not run properly - the water flow was considerably less then it is when primed. I'm sure if it was hooked up to an aquarium system the flow rate would be much greater. Today's temporary set up did not allow for an accurate assessment of the pumps full potential. Is it working? Yes, it powers on. Is the pump working to its full potential? Can't say for sure. Like the chiller,  the pump is also being sold As Is and with no guarantee. Sorry, no refund once purchased.  

Sorry, forgot to mention earlier... I have a water pump (with instructions) for sale as well. Reeflo Snapper external water pump. Prefer to sell pump with chiller.