Anemone probs

Cor4eyh

I've had 2 anemones in this tank now for over a year. One anemone seems happy and living and the other anemone decided to detach and floating around. I recently did a bit of chemistry change but not much my Kh was around 7.3 and my ph was low as well at 7.8 I raised then and started noticing the second nem in a bit of trouble. Any advice would be great.

Pic of the happyish anemone

c0a1a9ac30ea68f66350c2cd2c525366.jpg

The other anemone floated to the back and isn't attached but still has color.

Any advice?

Also tried feeding both of them they hold the food and seem to take it but can't seem to figure out what's wrong. For now just giving it time.

2cf244377685a283933d762ed2c8cdd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Corey,

You might want to try a colander, put him in there to try and recover and it will insure he doesn't get sucked into a powerhead or the overflow. 

you sure don't want him getting blown under a rock and die in there

Edited by ChrisQ

I forgot to ask about your adjustment, you never mentioned what you bumped your Alk and Ph to and how.

How did you raise the Alk? To what level? Over what time period?

I started using some dosing Chem from Red Sea the 2 part solution calcium and alk. Raised it over 2 days from 7.8 ph to 8.4 and Kh from 7.8 to 8.6

Be careful with the pond baskets, the mold release used releases phosphates and can lead to an algae bloom on the basket itself.  I was actually talking to Garrett about that yesterday after the meeting.  in a large system it's not a big deal but i would be careful in anything less than 100 gallons.

Be careful with the pond baskets, the mold release used releases phosphates and can lead to an algae bloom on the basket itself.  I was actually talking to Garrett about that yesterday after the meeting.  in a large system it's not a big deal but i would be careful in anything less than 100 gallons.

WOW! Matt to the rescue! I would have never associated that with the hand fulls of algae i pull out of this basket from time to time, i mean the tank itself has no algae but it always seemed to grow in the basket itself, i always thought it was because i kept the basket at the surface.

(Approx 112g system)

Learn something new everyday!

Edited by ChrisQ

Be careful with the pond baskets, the mold release used releases phosphates and can lead to an algae bloom on the basket itself. I was actually talking to Garrett about that yesterday after the meeting. in a large system it's not a big deal but i would be careful in anything less than 100 gallons.

Well I put it in a little breeder tank and it lasted all of about 12 hours before starting to melt down to nothing so that anemone is gone. Down to just one. So sad! :(