Help With Maxspect Razor Nano Settings

Emerald525

Matt are you out there? I have been reading some about this on other forums but wanted to get some input from our local Led gurus. It's also a good start for the meeting which I will be going to next week. I hope others make it too.

My tank is an IM Fusion 20

I have the Maxspect nano 16k with the 120 degree optics

I am using the stand that it comes with which is about 6.5 inches from the surface

I plan to have mostly Zoas with some lps and softies

I like the bluish coloration but not too blue like the first gen LEDs that reminded me of when I used to go to the skating rink many years ago. ????

I got this schedule from nano reef:

Time A B

7:00am - 0% 1%

10:00am - 20% 30%

1:00pm - 35% 40%

4:00pm - 20% 30%

7:00pm - 0% 15%

10:00pm - 0% 0%

What are your thoughts? I have read to go slowly. I have no corals right now just 2 clownfish but will be getting some in a week. I am more interested in good color than growth.

I have read to only increase by like 3 to 5 percent intensity per week. Any suggestions? Does this look like a good starting point? Any thoughts on a final goal?

I really liked the look of the t5s and the coloration I got from them. I also read that 30 to 35 percent intensity of the Maxspect is about where the t5s are.

Edited by Emerald525

I'm an old man and can't remember what I did last week let alone a year and a half ago...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! Good point! I actually think I'm going to ramp it down a little lower for now. I got some of my best chalice and spa colors when I had the old fashioned 150w mh and blue actinic vhos. No worries I will get some input from bombertech next week too!

I have found the ramping thing throughout the day to be pointless in my own experience, I have gotten better growth with giving and on and off and 1 setting. If it were my light and I was working with it I would start at 40% and see if the corals had any issues, after a week if nothing showed any problems I would bump it up 5%, and continue that weekly till you notice the slightest amount of stress then back off 10%. I figure that would be your max and knowing where your max is you could then plan your sunrise and sunset schedules around that.

It depends on the light you have. Some are programmable and others aren't. The percentage is just ramping down the full capacity of the light. If I ran this at 100% I would bleach any corals that were in there! Of course I would need to get a hold of the par meter to know for sure.

If your corals are doing fine then don't worry about it. :)

• Like 1