Noisey returnn pump

featherblue

Just got thru moving and setting my tank up in the new house. After a devastating series of losses in the temp tank (failed battery pump overnight, poor critters), now my return pump is being oddly loud. Never was super quiet to begin with, clearly moving lots of water. But its making this wierd vibrating buzzing. Its loud, and u can feel vibration in the floor in front of the tank.

Im a little worried its a sign my pump is going out. ...any ideas?

72g tank, 20ish g sump, ecoplus 1065 pump

*not sure how this post ended up here, was trying to post im gen discussion. Thank you for moving it where it belongs*

Edited by featherblue

That was about the same thing I saw a few weeks before my last return pump failed, though my return pump was similar to that of a Maxi-Jet 600. If you felt the pump it was also noticeably warm, at first i could give it a good smack and it would go back to normal but that was only a few times before it crapped out all together. If your talking an external pump used in much larger systems I'm not necessarily sure.

Not as noisey today, but im going to shop around for a new pump just to be safe....we live too far from town to not be prepared! Any suggestions for a return pump for my system? I have two return nozzles in the tank with a occelator?? of some sorts (it alternates flow between the two return nozzles every 15 sec or so).