Tunze Care Magnet

Paratore

It works awesome in Steve Sappington's tank, zero algae I mean zero.  It was so impressive I put it on the Christmas list and got the 'strong'.

For some reason for me it did not work as well on coraline.

Also noteworthy, they say to use two of the small blades if you have acrylic, not the big blade.  The big blade did put light scratches in my tank, not a huge deal but not ideal.

I've been using the "strong" one.  I think it works great.  

They could stand to work on the ergonomics, but it's definitely safer than a regular magnet in terms of sand grain scratches. You can properly edge the tank without getting your arm wet, and I find I can put corals closer to the glass because I'm using this for a blade instead of kent scrapers.

It works awesome in Steve Sappington's tank, zero algae I mean zero.  It was so impressive I put it on the Christmas list and got the 'strong'.

For some reason for me it did not work as well on coraline.

Also noteworthy, they say to use two of the small blades if you have acrylic, not the big blade.  The big blade did put light scratches in my tank, not a huge deal but not ideal.

I'm not having much luck on coraline with the acrylic blade either, but when I'm using the metal blade on my glass tanks it does quite well.

I have both flipper and tunze. I only use tunze now. When I used the flipper, I would only use the scraper side never the scrub side. The thing about the tunze is that once it detaches, you have to retrieve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works well but can be more ergonomic. Outside handle is exact same as inside...good for saving production cost but bad for ergo. My fingers were cramping a little after cleaning 3 sides. Were able to clean all the coraline algae right to the silicone seams.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...