125g tank to donate to a School

philg

I would like to donate all my live stock,  rocks,  etc. to the TFT program.  This is from a 125 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump.   I have two of the same fish I started with in 2004 and a Leather coral that I started with.  In fact I gave a big frag of that to Mr S and maybe a couple more to other teachers in about 2006 -2008?  

I want to get out of this hobby now. I live part of the year in a nice sunny area and I have been paying someone to take care of the tank for at least a month and now up to  five months a year for the last ten years.  We  have had no serious crashes in all those years however,  I have had to provide emergency heating and power at various times in the winter when I was home. 

The tank is built into a cabinet and wall of the lower level of my house so you can view it from two rooms.   I do not even go down to that room very  often anymore other than to do water changes etc. My wife takes care of the tank most of the time.  We would like to find the inhabitants a new home. I am not in a big hurry to get rid of them so it would be best to have everything else you need in place before hand and then come to my house and move everything at once or in a few moves.  I do not wish to part it out or sell various things.  I would like to see someone coordinate this.  So maybe whoever does this can maybe sell some unwanted frags and donate the money to TFT. 

A reasonable tax donation would also be nice if that could be supplied.  

Now how do I post photos to this site?

Phil 

Edited by pledosophy

If a teacher would like to coordinate this with you, I am sure we can put a few folks together to help with the move. 

Unfortunately right now the programs equipment is being run out of my garage and I do not have space to setup and care for a system like this until a school is able to take it.  

• Like 1

Myself and Kelly at Tualatin high school would be all over this and would to have the opportunity. phlig I sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is great and I have responded to your email.  There is no real hurry to unload my tank life forms  however I would like to do it before the end of October when I will have to start paying for someone to take care of my setup again.

If a teacher would like to coordinate this with you, I am sure we can put a few folks together to help with the move. 

Unfortunately right now the programs equipment is being run out of my garage and I do not have space to setup and care for a system like this until a school is able to take it.  

Yes the teachers may need some help with the move and that would be helpful. Also they have a few months to plan and then get the tanks and whatever else they need because I can keep the tank till October (or even longer as I have kept it for ten years already  <<grin>>)  Having it off my hands before October would be good.  Thanks for your reply

I am a middle school teacher in Vancouver and I have been thinking of taking the plunge for a while.  I have a large tank at home

(240 gallon system and 28 gallon quarantine) and one at school would be a treat I believe (am I remembering all of the cleaning??).

If it is not already gone please contact me!  I think the kids would really enjoy seeing this and I know the biology teacher and I have

already talked about this and how they could benefit from a tank in the building.

I am a middle school teacher in Vancouver and I have been thinking of taking the plunge for a while. I have a large tank at home

(240 gallon system and 28 gallon quarantine) and one at school would be a treat I believe (am I remembering all of the cleaning??).

If it is not already gone please contact me! I think the kids would really enjoy seeing this and I know the biology teacher and I have

already talked about this and how they could benefit from a tank in the building.

have you talked to mrs. Mills ? She was interested in setting up a tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk