My new start up 40 breeder

fishboys

I am starting my new tank as of yesterday. I am going to have a 40 gallon breeder with a 40 gallon breeder for my sump. I have a SWC skimmer and a halide t-5 combo light fixture I have other items but we will see what else I will need to purchase. This is a budget tank. I am not sure of the skimmer model number or size but the tube.

is 8" accross

Hi fishboys! I have a 40 gallon breeder and I feel like I am constantly wanting to do more and more to it everyday! Then again, I'm sure most people feel that way about their tanks. I'm excited to see your 40 come along! Post pictures, even from the very start! Always cool seeing an empty tank and sump sitting next to each other, then. . . BAM!! all fished and corralled out! Good luck on the build and keep us informed! 

Shark, thank you for the offer.

Do either of you have a rufuguim in your sump? I am going to try and make it to TAP today to get some pieces cut for the sump. That will be a big step because I can then strt thinking about either making rock or buying dry rock or purchase live rock once the water is in. I need to purchase new filters for my water filter. So much to do.

I will for sure post pics soon though.

I don't, but have been looking at a new sump setup so I can incorporate one. Check the classified post and possibly put a post up in the "buy/trade/sell" area to see if anyone has some rock for you to buy. You'll get a much better deal with the group then anywhere else, and who knows what else you might find. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the info.

I am having issues with my phone so I am not able to post pics. If someone texts me I can text you pics to post for me. My name is Troy Dean and I have dealt with a few of you in the past all with a positive outcome. I have owned a business in west linn for the last ten years. I hope to get my phone issues resolved soon but who knows, I am very challenged when it comes to that stuff. Nine 7 one six four five ninth three forty five.

I should have my sump glued together by tomorrow at sometime. Then a few hoses and such.

I just found a buch of dry rock I didn't know I had. Some pieces are fantastic and others will go in the sump. Should I mix live in with it. I know live will speed things up and such but I guess everything is a trade off. Thank you guys so much for any and all hope as well as any or all support. It all helps. Take care.

I hope I have this figured out. This Is the skimmer I am going to use. I don't have any paperwork on it. It is 22" tall and 8" across and it has a sicce 2500 pump I believe. I only know its a SWC I havnt been able to match it up to a model number yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I use "Photobucket" for uploading my pictures. It's free to set up an account, just drag the picture from your computer onto the screen, then it give you an "image" link to copy and paste. it will show up as a link as you are working on your post, but once you hit "post". . . your picture/s are there for all to see!!!