It's that time again 12x12x12 Rimless

PowderBlue

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd give an update since all my fish are dead... Woke up one morning to an incredibly strong ich on one of the fish, within 3 days they were all dead :( This bummed me out and also my daughter, she loved nemo and blaze. I ended up almost selling the setup but we pushed through and it's still up and running. I've got 5 more weeks of no fish just to make sure the ich is totally gone.

I think it came from stress of under feeding. I was trying to find a balance of not feeding a ton and I lost that balance battle obviously.

I'm going to get a skunk pair of clowns and that's likely it once the dust settles. As for now I removed the minimax reactor and installed the aqua gadget skimmer. It has terrible micro bubbles even after 2 weeks of running it 24/7 so I now only run it when the lights are off, plus it sounds like a cammed corvette lol.

Corals are doing good, and I gotta say having no fish is much nicer haha! Here's a few shots of the tank.

904eb80c42c28040aa1fb0f457112f69.jpg

048f82c2d92b5337e7e44243a23dac52.jpg4006198a582f9bf7d43a54a1ebdb1575.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Corals do look great Randall and yes there is something to be said about a fishless system and having less waste. Those candy canes look great too. Sorry to hear about the loss of the fish. I lost my fire shrimp. Not sure what happened but I suspect it was do to failed molt as the timing was right about when he should molt. 

I don't think it was Rex the eel that ate him because he was floating around dead. I'm glad you didn't give up!

• Like 1

Dang man, if the coral keeps growing like it is you won't be able to see the rocks, then there is only sand bed... Fungia maybe?

Nice setup though, happy, bright, and healthy looking corals.

Yea I'd say it's almost time for an upgrade! Soon it'll all be transfered over to a Lagoon 25!!

• 1 month later...

Well at least the lawn does not look to big.......

Mowing sucks :laugh:

Hell if the neighbor has a 75 you better get a bigger tank.........that 25 lagoon is going to look funny next to it :agree: Just tell the wife but honey look what the next door neighbor has.........

• Like 1

Thanks!

They are black puzzle something or others haha I am terrible with keeping up with the names. Upscales has them in right now. I've never seen them until today.

Nice looking clownfish! It's hard to keep track of all the new clownfish strains out there!????

• Like 1