It's that time again 12x12x12 Rimless

PowderBlue

I'm back! It's been a good while since I've had a tank and even longer since I've been on the forums. Good to be back and glad to see a lot of the same people are still lurking around! I bought a nano since the space I'm able to use for a tank is very limited. Here is an equipment list I'll have pics of most of it tomorrow as long as I can get to everyone's house

Finnex 12x12x12 low iron rimless cube

Autotopoff.com nano ATO

Aqualifter pump for ATO-thanks Scott

Finnex Marine plus LED

Aqueon 50 watt heater-thanks Bill!

12 ish pounds of live sand-thanks Kori!

15 pounds of live rock-thanks again Kori

Ac70 converted to hob fuge-thanks jack!

Will most likely go with a wp-10 for flow once it's all dialed

Livestock will be a cleaner shrimp

2 clowns hopefully another rare pair like my last pair I had

And then obviously corals :-)

Pics to come tomorrow!! Tank will be here and I'll be driving all around town to pick up parts

Bug thanks to everyone helping me out with equipment!

• Like 1

I think half the fun is picking up stuff from other people! You've done a good job piecing this together!

I think it's awesome the amount of people who help each other out on here! It makes it fun for sure. I'm a bargain shopper haha equipment is hard to go and buy new with how many people we have locally who upgrade or tear down tanks haha!
  • Like 1

f8676cb28ca0b56476f85a43b63ce78a.jpg

Everything minus the reefkeeper lite I'm grabbing next week and my ATO is setup and dialed in. I used live sand and live rock as well as water from koris tank so I'll be adding fish this weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who has helped out!

Kori

Jack the reefer

Lcscott

And bicyclebill!

Figured I'd write up a little review on the tank since it's such a good deal and a great size for a nano. It is a Finnex brand 12x12x12 low iron glass, the glass itself if very nice and clear! Silicone seams are done well and not sloppy in any way. The glass doesn't scratch very easy which we all know is a huge plus!

It arrived packaged very well. The light has great color I'd day it's similar to a radium bulb not as much blue but a close match. I'm sure it'll support softies very well but not too sure on nems or lps. I will be giving it a shot on lps and then a nem if it supports the lps.

End result, Very much worth the 80 dollars for the tank and light.

Looking good ! You got that set up quickly lol!

:-) I'm very impulsive with these things haha. My ATO gets dropped off tomorrow and then next week I'm grabbing a reefkeeper lite from Kori. So it'll be all dialed in and extremely stable! Kind of going overboard on such a small tank but I want it to be very low maintenance and stable so the corals stay happy! I'd love to have a sump but I think with the hob fuge and water changes it'll be good.
  • Like 1

It's adorable ! I bet your daughter loves it! As far as all the technology I think that's what a lot of you guys love on here even more than the fish! Lol!

Haha I'm a technology nerd. I'm sitting here debating buying the new AI Prime just simply because it's neat... Gotta calm down before I get fish tank grounded lol

ATO is in, finally found the sweet spot for the power head as well, when I feed there seems to be no dead spots! Flow is strong but not overwhelming for the corals or fish. I also picked up some corals from Kevin he gave me an awesome deal! Thanks again man.

Front

2604354c86667f570cdfe440937e72d7.jpg

Right side

438a1f7a537f39398342a31967a5aff1.jpg

Left side

4f96c241f3eea4b6016ea09dd1554908.jpg

Looking good! When you gonna upgrade? At the rate you're going that's gonna be filled up in 2 more weeks! ????

Haha I know! It'll be full in a couple weeks I'm sure. I'll be gluing frags to the back glass lol. I'm going to upgrade the light over time and toss sps in it at some point too.
  • Like 1