Aquascape crash

Mitrillion

Somthing fell and went to go pick it up and bumped just the right spot and everything came down. Needless to say I was a little pissed off! No super glue and rocks won't go back together so temperarly rocks are set up and corals that fell are laying on rocks because out of super glue! Just not a good day:(! If anyone is in the area tomorrow, I'd really apreate some help on a new/fixing aquascape! Thanks in advance!

Get some epoxy putty. Mix up a bit and make a few small balls of the stuff and use them as gaskets when piling rocks. The putty will set in about 5 minutes, and the rocks will stay together pretty-much forever.

This stuff is good, and available from PetCo/Smart. Other brands from Hose Depot/Lowes should also be good but make sure they're just plain epoxy putty. If in doubt, get the Instant Ocean stuff.

• Like 1

Guest Bevo5

Man, I feel your pain. I went to move a small frag and triggered a bit of a slide. It just never goes back quite the right way, which is fine - except in this particular case I have a piece of slate with my large BTA on the bottom (he reaches up and over during the day) and then a bunch of SPS glued to the top - and no matter how I arranged the slate the BTA was gonna get crushed somehow. It was like the worst puzzle ever - just didn't make sense. I finally got it to where he isn't crushed and then he just moved a few inches to a new spot - which isn't ideal since now he's touching a few SPS frags. Ugh...always something.

Man, I feel your pain. I went to move a small frag and triggered a bit of a slide. It just never goes back quite the right way, which is fine - except in this particular case I have a piece of slate with my large BTA on the bottom (he reaches up and over during the day) and then a bunch of SPS glued to the top - and no matter how I arranged the slate the BTA was gonna get crushed somehow. It was like the worst puzzle ever - just didn't make sense. I finally got it to where he isn't crushed and then he just moved a few inches to a new spot - which isn't ideal since now he's touching a few SPS frags. Ugh...always something.

ik especially sense I had no glue! Just figures I'm out when this happens! Gonna go get some glue and hopefully get the scape looking good again I'll post a pick of the new scape! Gonna try to get the old scale but if it doesn't come back together time for a new look I guess! Wish me luck on the scape:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I fixed it and while doing it banged some of the tips on sps! Will they be fine?

SPS will be fine-that link that Andy posted for that epoxy will work (sometimes, personally I hate that #%^*) but it mixes white-I've never understood why people use that stuff

Two little fishies and Vertex make a red epoxy and it does not light up like a beacon in your tank. Take a good size piece of epoxy mix it well and then slather it with the super glue gel that you can find at the dollar tree. (unless the junkie beat you to the store and bought all the inventory :) ) Take the epoxy with the glue and stick it in the joints were the rocks connect-it will eliminate any future woes

SPS will be fine-that link that Andy posted for that epoxy will work (sometimes, personally I hate that #%^*) but it mixes white-I've never understood why people use that stuff

Two little fishies and Vertex make a red epoxy and it does not light up like a beacon in your tank. Take a good size piece of epoxy mix it well and then slather it with the super glue gel that you can find at the dollar tree. (unless the junkie beat you to the store and bought all the inventory :) ) Take the epoxy with the glue and stick it in the joints were the rocks connect-it will eliminate any future woes

thank you for all the help and everyone else with this thread!

In the past when setting up especially with dry rock, drilling individual holes into the rock and using Zip Ties will hold things together, might be a little late for that, but if your rocks are porous enough you might be able to do so.

In the past when setting up especially with dry rock, drilling individual holes into the rock and using Zip Ties will hold things together, might be a little late for that, but if your rocks are porous enough you might be able to do so.

thanks for the idea, idk if I'm gonna want to do that, wiTh some rock with coral on it Ya know!

• 2 weeks later...

Somthing fell and went to go pick it up and bumped just the right spot and everything came down. Needless to say I was a little pissed off! No super glue and rocks won't go back together so temperarly rocks are set up and corals that fell are laying on rocks because out of super glue! Just not a good day:(! If anyone is in the area tomorrow, I'd really apreate some help on a new/fixing aquascape! Thanks in advance!

Hey Mitchell! I hope your rocks are staying stable! When I talked to you awhile back about your rocks falling, I told you that I knew of someone that rewrote some lyrics to Tom Petty's song "Free Fallin' ". I said I would find the lyrics for you. I also know that you are young, and may not be familiar with Tom Petty's music. He is still around, but he had a hit song around 1989 / 1990 called Free Fallin".

Here's Julian Sprung's version... and then the original version.

Julian says "I found the issue with the song... March 1991, which would have been written in 1990. It's a little stupid but in a good way. So here goes" :

Got a reef tank,

it really looks fine,

It’s got wet/dry, venturi skimmer too.

But there’s one piece, just doesn’t look right,

Gotta move it... just a little to the right,

Now my reef, my reef’s falling (Reef’s falling, now my reef’s falling, now my...) - Guitar solo-

lol John!

But i hope he got it all sorted and the sps are again getting cozy.

yeah, he says his tank is doing good! I told Mitchell that a few rocks falling are no big deal, and it happens to us all!

I dropped a nice sized rock on the bottom pane(bare bottom) of a 40b last night (that's housing 95% of my fish ATM) and i swear my heart skipped a few beats, Mitch, it could have been worse, much worse.

You'll find yourself saying that many times over in this hobby, might as well get some of them outta the way now  :tongue:

Edited by ChrisQ

• 2 weeks later...