nuvo 20 gallon

LadySaber

So I bought the nuvo 20 off of Kim, I'm biting at the bit to get it going :laugh: . Just wondered what everyone recommends to add onto it?  I only have my basic little 10 gallon so no real upgrades.  Also looking at building a stand for it or maybe buying something to make it a stand. Thoughts?

Edited by LadySaber

LOL I will be trading my OR that is over my 10 gallon for the stock lights. So I have that covered.. Not a fan of zoas..I like LPS and softies have not tried sps but Im not sure if I want those..pump already upgraded along with the filters

Edited by LadySaber

Dangit! I wanted that tank! My Nuvo 16 sprung a leak so I went and bought the Fusion 20 from Jeff at C&C the same week. My biggest recommendation is a Jebao WP10 (which I'm running) or a nano powerhead of some sort. I'm running a Sicce 1.0 for return pump, only because I seized up two of the IM return pumps previously. The higher end media baskets are neato. I've got one, but couldn't justify cost of two. I only run blue filter floss and a bag of gfo/carbon. Though I must say I'm impressed with the stock IM 3 piece filter pieces performance. Just a little too expensive.

• Like 1

Using the mj1200 return pump and both media baskets replaced with the higher end ones.. Ok will look into a wp10 was looking at them for the controller. How about the RW8 by Jebao? Recommendations for protein skimmer and thoughts on the spin stream nozzles? Oh and media reactor for it?

I've got the spin streams too and I like them so far. Also have the im skimmer (not the ghost), it's loud and tends to overflow every couple of weeks for no reason. Didn't see a need for media reactor since I'm running a fuge in back and bag of gfo. Rw8 would be pretty big in there, but would provide better flow for sure. The wp10 is light on flow for sps I think.

Ok will look over the RW 4 and the wp10 then. Spin stream I will add. For the fuge did you do the cutting off the black liner and added the light that i see done? I saw this done on their site. What bag of gfo you using? Def need a skimmer that will fit and work. Lol I suppose I can live with random overflowing.

Dangit! I wanted that tank! My Nuvo 16 sprung a leak so I went and bought the Fusion 20 from Jeff at C&C the same week. My biggest recommendation is a Jebao WP10 (which I'm running) or a nano powerhead of some sort. I'm running a Sicce 1.0 for return pump, only because I seized up two of the IM return pumps previously. The higher end media baskets are neato. I've got one, but couldn't justify cost of two. I only run blue filter floss and a bag of gfo/carbon. Though I must say I'm impressed with the stock IM 3 piece filter pieces performance. Just a little too expensive.

Too bad you didn't contact IM, they are swapping leaking 16G for an upgrade to the 20 with Video Evidence.

ok cool thanks guys will add all this to my list. :) now just need to get a stand built

With it being a smaller tank with no sump you could probably get away with a furniture piece of some sort, maybe ikea with a few added reinforcements? You can figure you will be around 160-180 lbs all said and done so you can check if the furniture can handle the load (if they give specs). Or just get a 200 lb friend to go sit on everything in Ikea until something doesn't break :D

• Like 1

Get a Tunze skimmer.. a 9001 I think. it should fit in those back chamber and its so quiet.. I got the 9007 model and its a bit bigger.. fits in my 20L but I want the 9001 for my Nuvo 8, its supposed to fit in the back

I have a Nuvo 16 and the Tunze did not fit unfortunately.  I picked up a small cabinet at ikea and it fits perfectly and is pretty stable.  Just sit on it at the store to make sure it will hold up

I have a Nuvo 16 and the Tunze did not fit unfortunately.  I picked up a small cabinet at ikea and it fits perfectly and is pretty stable.  Just sit on it at the store to make sure it will hold up

Dang.. They say online that one of those models fits in the back chamber snugly.. Maybe with a modification to it.. Glad to know, I was going to buy one myself.. But now it's a waste.. Unless your selling it? I can try to modify it to fit, only if it's the right model though

Dang.. They say online that one of those models fits in the back chamber snugly.. Maybe with a modification to it.. Glad to know, I was going to buy one myself.. But now it's a waste.. Unless your selling it? I can try to modify it to fit, only if it's the right model though

I had the 9001; it may have been able to squeeze into the back middle chamber on the 16 but it would have required probably splitting the y outlets and using two pumps instead of one and some further modifications.  I think the 20 has a slightly larger chamber so maybe it will fit yours.  Sorry, I returned it

Too bad you didn't contact IM, they are swapping leaking 16G for an upgrade to the 20 with Video Evidence.

So is this a big problem with IM with leaks? This is like the third time I have heard in here of someone's nuvo leaking!???? clearly if they are swapping out 16s this is a common problem? What's the deal! Sorry by the way Bill for jumping on that tank and then selling it lol ! If I had know. It was an urgent need I would have given it up to you! ????