Dc12000 died the minute we get through airport security

TheClark

Talk about Murphy's law!

Apex alerted me sump was high

Webcam confirmed there was an issue

My dad and uncle dropped everything to troubleshoot.

It was the pump itself in the end. No details yet on how it failed.

Spare was put into service

Disaster averted!!

• Like 1

Mine did the same thing last week! Cleaned it about a month and a half ago, no issues or anything until the day I leave for a trip to cali. Thankfully Ssappington saved my bacon and stuck my backup pump in for me, but this makes the second time now that my DC12000 has just up and quit working, both times I was out of state, of course. I love the pump when working, I just dont know if I can keep up with it dying at random. I am used to Mag and Eheim pumps that run forever, so this whole 'return could go out at any point' thing is giving me more gray hairs than my two kids...which is saying something. 

I am half way tempted to grab the new 2015 model of dc12000 to see if I have any better luck, but dont want it to start dying on me a month out of warranty like this one. 

• Like 1

I have to admit, this is scaring me a little bit being i run the same return.

Never had an issue until now but a spare is reasonably priced. Might be a good investment for peace of mind.

BlueZ thanks for tip, will check that out

Jase, that is uncanny timing too. Good point compared to the old reliables.

Ordered a dct 15000 replacement. Will put that in service and see how the new version holds up.

I believe the waveline pumps are nearly identical to the Jebao (if not the exact same). I haven't owned one, so I cant say for sure. The ramp rate may be the only difference if I remember right. I think there is a brand called Speedwave or something like that which may be in the same boat as well. 

You ever check the bearing to see if it's locked up? I noticed this happening on the one I borrowed for R&D on the pinwheel. I believe what happens is it gets something in there and locks up. If the pump isn't turned off reasonably soon it burns up the motor. May want to write that shutoff into your program for the water level sensor. Could save a pump! Seems like just a few thousands extra clearance would have saved this from happening.

• Like 1