Someone should start a fish hospital business

vanz

My sister is in school at osu to become a vet.. she mentioned there was a class should could take to specialize in fish.. wonder if there are any vets out there that have done it

I went through the fisheries program and they made us buy books on fish health. Contains information about parasites and all other conditions for fish and their treatments and symptoms.

I did this for good customers when I owned my business. There is a lot of liability in treating animals that don't belong to you.

You really need a knowledgeable person and one who you trust to make decisions and won't harbor hard feelings towards if something doesn't work out.

• Like 1

I was going to say this in different words, I have a QT tank and a Hypo treatment tank running at all times because I have to treat fishes for my maintenance customers. There can be many ill mannered conversations sparked from ailing fishes and explaining the harsh realities of  the predicament. Even when it is the aquarium owner that unknowingly acquires a sick fish and lets it loose into their reef without standard QT procedure, or letting you know, unpleasant conversations can arise relatively quickly, the service is not free nor %100 certain and that alone can cause some tensions. This leads back to the same thing that has been said again and again, QT or treat your own fishes whenever possible, maybe you have a reliable maintenance guy in your area who will do the hospital care for you but as MVP said you really need some one with experience, thats reliable, and has much knowledge and that is easier said than done.