New C&C purchase!

Mitrillion

Good thing I have not seen the Tang Police around for a while.

Jeff has some great healthy livestock so you can't go wrong there.

That is a killer fish, I love purple tangs. If only they were not so assertive.

thanks and Ya he's quite the character already lol! The clowns were freaked out buy him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idk understand? He's the same length as my clowns? I talked to guys at lfs all is good!

What'd the guys say? That it's all good in your tank for its entire life, or that you'd have to upgrade your tank or give it away to someone with a larger tank in the future? Just curious.

What'd the guys say? That it's all good in your tank for its entire life, or that you'd have to upgrade your tank or give it away to someone with a larger tank in the future? Just curious.

that he'd be fine in there for 2 years, but bye then I will most likely have a bigger tank!

that he'd be fine in there for 2 years, but bye then I will most likely have a bigger tank!

Sounds to me like Jeff needs to get some people in there with a little more knowledge of tangs, I highly doubt Jeff would of sold you that guy knowing he was going in such a small tank... Great little fish but he won't stay little for long. He'll also get VERY aggressive in little to no time.

Honestly your tank is too small for that fish. You can't compare fish purely by size, your clowns are a perfect example. See in the wild or even in a tank your clowns won't venture far from their host anemone and will spend pretty much their entire life in a very small area. Tangs on the other hand are totally different, they travel quickly in large areas in search of food (algae) pretty much non stop. 

You can keep whatever feel like in your tank but just be prepared that the stress of a small tank will probably contribute to the early demise of that fish. 

Sorry I missed ya yesterday. My wife got in a very serious car accident in the middle of the day and was dealing with that. Feel free to bring that fish back whenever. jeff

its all good glad that everything is ok!

Sounds to me like Jeff needs to get some people in there with a little more knowledge of tangs, I highly doubt Jeff would of sold you that guy knowing he was going in such a small tank... Great little fish but he won't stay little for long. He'll also get VERY aggressive in little to no time.

Honestly your tank is too small for that fish. You can't compare fish purely by size, your clowns are a perfect example. See in the wild or even in a tank your clowns won't venture far from their host anemone and will spend pretty much their entire life in a very small area. Tangs on the other hand are totally different, they travel quickly in large areas in search of food (algae) pretty much non stop. 

You can keep whatever feel like in your tank but just be prepared that the stress of a small tank will probably contribute to the early demise of that fish.

Sounds like someone has an ax to grind-Which one of Jeffs employees do you have a personal issue with?

Fish is fine, will it outgrow the tank yes- I agree with Kriz2fer

Congrats! Purple tangs are beautiful! Yes it will eventually outgrow the tank. I had a purple tang in my frag tank that was shallow and only 40 gallons for 2 years and it did great! They are awesome at eating algae including bryopsis. Granted I had a 150 gallon that it was plumbed into as a backup but it did great. It was never aggressive. I think aggression often comes from overcrowding. It actually did well and think it did better in the frag tank because it was away from the bigger bullies in the 150. Jeff is great to work with and I'm sure he would take the fish back of it didn't work out. Sorry to hear about your wife Jeff. Congrats on the beautiful fish. Don't let the criticism get to ya!???? people on here mean well we just really have a passion for the animals. Speaking of learning I lost that fish when Beth forgot to put the cover back on and it jumped out! ???? Had it for 2 years and it grew slowly! Never forgot the cover again!

Congrats! Purple tangs are beautiful! Yes it will eventually outgrow the tank. I had a purple tang in my frag tank that was shallow and only 40 gallons for 2 years and it did great! They are awesome at eating algae including bryopsis. Granted I had a 150 gallon that it was plumbed into as a backup but it did great. It was never aggressive. I think aggression often comes from overcrowding. It actually did well and think it did better in the frag tank because it was away from the bigger bullies in the 150. Jeff is great to work with and I'm sure he would take the fish back of it didn't work out. Sorry to hear about your wife Jeff. Congrats on the beautiful fish. Don't let the criticism get to ya![emoji1] people on here mean well we just really have a passion for the animals. Speaking of learning I lost that fish when Beth forgot to put the cover back on and it jumped out! [emoji22] Had it for 2 years and it grew slowly! Never forgot the cover again!

i love the fish and am gonna keep it now that I have talked with a couple people! I understand that he will grow out of the tank but I can rehome, or put in bigger tank when that happens! But for now I got myself a awesome purple tang, thanks for all the feed back everyone! He's getting along great with the 2 clowns that are in there! I might add a couple more fish ( leopard wrass, blue spot jawfish, and maybe a fire fish?) idk those are a couple I have in mind! Thoughts?

Sounds like someone has an ax to grind-Which one of Jeffs employees do you have a personal issue with?

Fish is fine, will it outgrow the tank yes- I agree with Kriz2fer

Not at all actually but I call it like I see it... A purple tang, no matter the size has no business in a 30 some odd gallon tank in my opinion.

mine seems happy?

IMO it will be, for who knows how long, nobody can say-it will outgrow your tank as you were told and you may opt to trade it in before that.

I keep a yellow tang in each frag tank for algae control, I start small and trade them in as they got to large.

As it has been said as the fish grows it will need a new home so knowing this, keep the fish if you like it and as it gets to large trade it for some store credit and get something else.

This can be an impulsive hobby, it's good to do as much research as possible before jumping into a fish/coral/invert etc. I've been sold stuff from nearly ever LFS within 50 miles of where I live that I should not have been sold-

Anywho, glad you like the tang, enjoy it (now just don't add a Sohal Tang ;)

IMO it will be, for who knows how long, nobody can say-it will outgrow your tank as you were told and you may opt to trade it in before that.

I keep a yellow tang in each frag tank for algae control, I start small and trade them in as they got to large.

As it has been said as the fish grows it will need a new home so knowing this, keep the fish if you like it and as it gets to large trade it for some store credit and get something else.

This can be an impulsive hobby, it's good to do as much research as possible before jumping into a fish/coral/invert etc. I've been sold stuff from nearly ever LFS within 50 miles of where I live that I should not have been sold-

Anywho, glad you like the tang, enjoy it (now just don't add a Sohal Tang ;)

thanks and that's what I plan on doing! You don't notice any aggression or anything right?