The New Kid on the Block

Paratore

Hi there everybody, 

My name is Cody and I am completely new to the reef club thing and still trying to figure out how it all works. I have only just recently gotten into reefing in the last few months and so far I love it! I have done freshwater before so I do have a basic understanding of how things work in the aquarium world but have so much to learn still about freshwater. I basically built my new reef aquarium from scratch so it is a work in progress but it has been up and running for a about a month now and I am finally looking to add corals and fish! I still need to come up with an auto top off system and dosing system. I currently run metal halides but i am hopping to get LEDs soon :D  I imagine I will be asking tons of questions on here to expand my knowledge of reef keeping so bear with me.

Hi there everybody,

My name is Cody and I am completely new to the reef club thing and still trying to figure out how it all works. I have only just recently gotten into reefing in the last few months and so far I love it! I have done freshwater before so I do have a basic understanding of how things work in the aquarium world but have so much to learn still about freshwater. I basically built my new reef aquarium from scratch so it is a work in progress but it has been up and running for a about a month now and I am finally looking to add corals and fish! I still need to come up with an auto top off system and dosing system. I currently run metal halides but i am hopping to get LEDs soon :D I imagine I will be asking tons of questions on here to expand my knowledge of reef keeping so bear with me.

nice to have you here! I switched from goldfish to reef lol! But once you start getting coral I got some frags for Ya!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Cody! If you make it back by April 12th, we have a Guest Speaker giving a presentation. Bob Fenner will be telling us about the Collecting Station he helped open in Fiji! We hope to see you there!

Bob%20Fenner%20flier%201_zpsyv8qmjkm.jpg

Jmanro- I will be back, and as long as my school schedule allows I would definitely love to come to that, it sounds pretty cool. Thank you for the invite!

nice to have you here! I switched from goldfish to reef lol! But once you start getting coral I got some frags for Ya! :)

Mitrillion- I had a bunch of neon tetras and then switched lol! I will definitely have to hit you up for those frags once my tank is running nice and steady! That is very nice of you, thank you!

• Like 1

Jmanro- I will be back, and as long as my school schedule allows I would definitely love to come to that, it sounds pretty cool. Thank you for the invite!

Mitrillion- I had a bunch of neon tetras and then switched lol! I will definitely have to hit you up for those frags once my tank is running nice and steady! That is very nice of you, thank you!

im also in school, just trying to hook up a fellow reefer:)! Where do u go to school?

im also in school, just trying to hook up a fellow reefer:)! Where do u go to school?

I go to Oregon State University! You?

This is definitely a good place to ask some questions if you have any, and your name sounds familiar, whereabouts are you located?

I'm from corvallis. your name looks familiar too. is your first name Robert?

• Like 1

Welcome I also switched from freshwater angels to reef tank.. :D now working on setting up my 30 gallon, because the 2.5 gallon I started with is to small now and the 10 gallon I have going now is to small, but works for starting up frags to move to the 30 when I have it all set up. So I figure in about a year the 30 will be to small...LOL very additive this hobby

• Like 1

Yes-I must confess, my name is RoBert or just Bert, but I believe we know each other already. I am sure I will see you around man, drop me a line when you want me to snap some thing off for ya.

We do know each other! Small world haha. 

Welcome to the forum Cody! I just visited the OSU campus with my daughter this Friday! She wasn't sure if she was going to go there but after the visit she's really excited! Very good school! Makes me want to go back!

Thats awesome! I love OSU, its a blast here!