LED Advice

czreef

I'm going to upgrade my lighting on my Fusion 20 nano. Just curious if anyone has experience with or opinions on the  AI Hydra 26 or EcoTech XR15w Pro.  I'll be replacing the 2-18 watt Skyye lights that came with the set up. I like the current lights, but I'm filling the tank with SPS and I really think a full spectrum light will be better overall, especially coloration.  I was going to go for the new AI Prime but it only covers an 18" x 18" spread and I need 24". For the record, I have had good growth with the Skyye Lights on my SPS but the coloration isn't where I think it should be. It's not due to water quality, my parameters are in check. Thanks for your input.

I'm going to upgrade my lighting on my Fusion 20 nano. Just curious if anyone has experience with or opinions on the  AI Hydra 26 or EcoTech XR15w Pro.  I'll be replacing the 2-18 watt Skyye lights that came with the set up. I like the current lights, but I'm filling the tank with SPS and I really think a full spectrum light will be better overall, especially coloration.  I was going to go for the new AI Prime but it only covers an 18" x 18" spread and I need 24". For the record, I have had good growth with the Skyye Lights on my SPS but the coloration isn't where I think it should be. It's not due to water quality, my parameters are in check. Thanks for your input.

Here's a couple threads going on around here lately.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/33737-opinion-on-leds/

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/33794-reef-lighting-theory-basics/

• Like 1

How high is the tank and how high above the tank are you looking to hang your lights.

Also where do plan to place the SPS? The placement question will determine (IME/O) the fixture(s) meaning if you're looking at keeping them on the outer edges of the 24" foot print thats going to play a major role in brand of LED, but hanging height is also a key factor.

• Like 1

The tank is shallow 13".  I can hang the light at pretty much any height necessary. I have some of the SPS up top and some in the middle and others toward the bottom. Everything is growing well, so far. The current lights are just 6 blue and 6 white LED's on the skyye lights - 36 watts total.   Here's a pic of the tank from a couple weeks ago.

post-15486-0-72565800-1427656735_thumb.jpg