Figures

fishmanmike01

So just as I figured would happen, it did. Purchased a powder brown a few weeks ago and against my better judgement now have ich In the display. I did not have a qt setup since I had no extra tanks suitable, so directly in it went. I now have access to a 55 I could setup as a treatment tank for all the fish however my Selena is the banded shark egg that's due to hatch this week or next ? What to do? Remove fish, leave him in? Remove all? So frustrated

Sorry to hear!!!! I do not dance to the beat of regular drums here either as I do not quarantine. I do however drip my prize fish for a couple hours sometimes but often times depending on the fish, float and do a small water change to equal out ph and salinity. So the haters can hate but been thinking bout quarantine in future when I expand the system, I don't have a whole lot of advice but feed lots of garlic on your food and as long as they eat they will survive! Best of luck to ya

Best of luck on that, Scott Michael knows quite a bit about sharks. Get a copy of his "Sharks and Rays" book. I did a little research and red sharks are fairly resistant to ich, but can get it. I do know they don't tolerate copper well. Here's a link I ran across.  http://forums.saltwaterfish.com/index.php?threads/shark-eggs-bamboo-cat-hypo-salinity-ich.75986/

I agree the 55 gal is way more than fine. Just expensive to maintain.

My goal is to treat the fish with as little stress and stay as efficient as possible at the same time. If a 20 long would work for a few months I'd rather do that than a 55 is all I'm saying.

Fish to be treated are

Hippo tang

Powder blue

4 cromis.

Not sure what to do with shark yet.

Sorry to hear about the ich outbreak. I have also taken the chance when I think the source of a new fish is reliable and put them into my main tank, but as most people you finally

get burned and then set up the quarantine tank. I now have my quarantine up all the time and keep a few small fish in on a regular basis to keep it live. If need be they can move

to the main tank if necessary. Good luck on the shark,..... you might leave it and see if it comes down with the ich. Feed it good and sometimes that seems to get a fish past the problem.

Sorry to hear about the ich outbreak. I have also taken the chance when I think the source of a new fish is reliable and put them into my main tank, but as most people you finally

get burned and then set up the quarantine tank. I now have my quarantine up all the time and keep a few small fish in on a regular basis to keep it live. If need be they can move

to the main tank if necessary. Good luck on the shark,..... you might leave it and see if it comes down with the ich. Feed it good and sometimes that seems to get a fish past the problem.

Thanks, leaving the shark in is not really a concern of mine. I'm fairly certain they are resistant to ich. My concern is that it may however still carry it making it impossible to remove it from the display.

Not sure how many fish you are speaking about but I'm guessing a 55 is more than enough- being most hospital tanks or tanks used in a tant to tank are 1/2-1/4 that size.

Pretty much all you need to know found in these stickys

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-disease-treatment-diagnosis/

Thanks for the link. Lots of great info.