Stupid Xenia and Paly MESS!

goathead

So I just spent the last hour+ with a hammer and a chisel, chipping the bane of my existence off of my live rock.  I wish I had known when I was stocking my reef, just how invasive Xenia and Palys were.  I would have never ever put that crap in.  Fortunately, all of my rock is currently in a 30 gal tub, awaiting placement in my new (non-leaking) 72 gal. bow, so I had the perfect opportunity for the task. 

Tip for the new reefer -  Do your research before putting anything in your reef that you are unsure about or don't have at least a basic knowledge of.  I wish someone had told me this when I was telling the guy at the L.F.S. to "bag it up."

• Like 2

I was inquiring to buy aiptasia when I first started....well only because they were one of the few "corals" that were available at A to Z pets (are they still around?) at that time. Good thing a nice person talked some sense into me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was inquiring to buy aiptasia when I first started....well only because they were one of the few "corals" that were available at A to Z pets (are they still around?) at that time. Good thing a nice person talked some sense into me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I bought the aiptasia, fed it, got it huge, it started splitting and the darn store would just not give me any trade in credit for it. . .

Newcomers have it so much easier now days with the internet and clubs like this.

• Like 1

to be honest I love xenias. I just keep them on their very own rocks..

Not completely sure how one would go about isolating them to a single rock, as I can't isolate them to a single aquarium. I may even have some jump the rim and start growing in my carpet...

• Like 1