RO/DI filter changes

The ReefBox

So in fighting this ongoing brown haze and somewhat slow growth of corals, I've ruledout phosphates after multiple tests by different instruments. So the last thing I could come up with was TDS. I checked my account at Spectra Pure and realized it's been a year and 4 months sine up I changed anything other than DI resin once. so I checked my TDS and in is 9 and out was 5. Washougal has some pretty nasty water so I repalced everything including membranes since I do not have a flush kit. So I am posting a before and after to show the difference. also would like info if you think this could lead to the infamous brown algea haze on tank walls and slow SPS growth.

th_9ce774900efd5f75f84f492c16eba6c8_zpsc

th_a88f33bc87ad5fda09b184e5aab07728_zps9

• Like 1

Nice! I had the same issue a few months back. Was my membrane being stupid old (my fault). Guess the standard from most is yearly replacement to be on the safe side. Mine was putting out way worse TDS than yours and using up resin like its hot. Now that we're back down to zero the algae blooms on the glass have dropped off significantly.

• Like 1