Asterinas, Friend of Foe

Sasquatch

So I wanted to know people's opinion on the little starfish.. Have you caught it eating your Zoas? I've seen several of the grey ones devour a polyp as it was struggling to stay open.. Or on the side of a healthy one closing it..

I like the all white big ones that seem to just stick to the sides but I've been plucking out the grey ones

3-14-13-33.jpg

As you have probably seen in your search there is debate about whether hey are harmful. I have read that the grayish colored ones can be considered a possible predator towards zoas. To me they were more of just a nuisance but a Harlequin shrimp works well to clean them out???? Of course you may have to feed them an occasional starfish when the numbers die down.

• Like 2

I lost my yoda's to the little bastages. If you read this Matt, please put me in line for another frag when you have some. I have been on a mission to eradicate them from the reef. I've cought them on the bam bam's, tubs blues, true red pe's, and several other zoas. My blue linkia eats them occasionally, but I mostly feed them to my dog faced puffer. He eats them like popcorn.

Edited by rworegon