The 50gal corner pentagon full set up, finally!!

reefgeek84

Excellent. So, is there a big difference between those 2 pumps for your closed loop?

Rich

Not sure i will find out tonight (as I need a couple of things to change the plumbing and hook it up)...I hope there is, other wise I changed the plumbing for no reason and bought a pump for no reason. But I am sure there will be...(fingers)

Ok, well... I ended up getting a gen pcx-40 brand new for 80.00, I really did not have the money to spend, but my orignal intention was to buy one in the future to replace the used mak 4 that I bought...when I saw the deal I figured I might want to jump on it, so I did. Now the mak 4 I got is a back up, plus the mak 4 was really used, but still a good deal for a back up pump.

here are the pics of the pcx-40 and the mak 4...

CIMG0570.jpg

CIMG0571.jpg

CIMG0572.jpg

CIMG0573.jpg

CIMG0574.jpg

Here are some shots of the rock in the tank and the tank itself...The water is still merky, so I apologize for that. but you will get the idea... There is to much rock in the tank right now so I am going to sell some of it (for a very good price) to take some of it out...I will start with the rock work pictures....

A full tank shot...

CIMG0578.jpg

This is my bridge on the left of the tank...

CIMG0579.jpg

I was trying to do like a serperate island, but the tank is so small and crowded that it is tough, it kind of looks like it, but once I get rid of some rock it will look much better...

CIMG0580.jpg

Here is a piece that has some tunnels, I am not sure if you can see anything...

CIMG0581.jpg

And this is the "shelf" that I created with some very cool flat pieces I got. I went with the shelf cause there are parts of the reef that have this...Its kind of hard to tell.

CIMG0582.jpg

And here is a full tank shot....

CIMG0584.jpg

and here is the "box" that houses my sump....

CIMG0583.jpg

Again, sorry the pictures are not very good at all...but hopefully the water will clear up alot more and I will have my light up and on it and will take some shots that way as well and you guys will have a better idea of what I am talking about.

Here are two videos of my OM with the two different pumps...

This is with the mag 9.5 hooked up....

th_CIMG0569.jpg

Here is the OM with the gen x pcx-40

th_CIMG0575.jpg

There seems to be more pressure with the gen x, but its still hard to tell... I guess i was expecting alot more pressure in general, but I think everything is ok and the coral will enjoy it.

OK here are some shots of the tank with the light on...Uncured live rock looks really bad no matter what you have lighting it.

Here is a full tank shot...

CIMG0585.jpg

An above shot...

CIMG0589.jpg

A tunnel shot...

CIMG0587.jpg

A side shot....

CIMG0590.jpg

A natural tunnel with the big piece of rock...

CIMG0586.jpg

Hey that looks real good. I agree you should take some of the rock out, you can't clean the sides as it is! But looks like some real good places for corals. That GenX pump does seem to do more flow. Got any pics of the plumbing from the tank to the sump?

Hey that looks real good. I agree you should take some of the rock out' date=' you can't clean the sides as it is! But looks like some real good places for corals. That GenX pump does seem to do more flow. Got any pics of the plumbing from the tank to the sump?[/quote']

there is some on page 7 towards the bottom...but I will get some mroe tonight.

As for the rock yeah I need to get rid of some, but no one wants to buy the "live" stuff...just the "dead" stuff. So hopefully someone will be interested in buying the live stuff.

there is some on page 7 towards the bottom...but I will get some mroe tonight.

As for the rock yeah I need to get rid of some, but no one wants to buy the "live" stuff...just the "dead" stuff. So hopefully someone will be interested in buying the live stuff.

Ahh ok, now i see it. Thanks.